Excel/IT help

Hello

My work computer for some reason isn’t displaying Excel very well. All the numbers look funny like this.

Is there a setting to change, before I email around the team and look like a doofus (I’m supposed to be an Excel whizz)

Please explain what you mean by ‘they look funny’
Ta

I’m sure you’ve done this but my first port of call is clear all formatting

(I pretend that I can use excel for my job but can’t use it so please can we turn this thread into a general excel thread)

yep tried that

random numbers seem to be in bold or partly in bold. should be visible in the screengrab

Thought that was what you meant but just wanted to check

Edit I look foolish

I’ve had this before and highlighted / clicked bold / unclicked bold. Also (bizarrely) changed the column width to correct it.
Otherwise, I’m out

yes sorry as clarified above the issue isn’t the actual numbers it’s the way the font is rendering on excel with a strange bold effect on some of the numbers

doesn’t fix it unfortunately. thanks though.

It doesn’t seem to be a formatting issue, but more something either in excel’s settings or a computer display setting that Excel doesn’t like

idk is it a complicated sheet? can you upload it to another workbook e.g. google sheets and see if the problem is still there?

Are the figs from a pivot?

Mine does this sometimes. It’s a problem with how Windows is displaying stuff rather than Excel itself. Closing Excel, then rebooting the computer always fixes it.

Dunno if it’s tge same thing but excel will go visually weird when low on memory, like it won’t show the result of a formula but the formula itself and then resizing a column will stretch and distort it like it’s a picture

I’ve tested it with other sheets and the formatting issue seems to be on Calibri 11. If you size up or down it goes away and arial renders ok as well.

I’ll give a reboot a try and see if there are any updates that I need to install. thanks everyone for your help so far

How much do you love Calibri 11…?

Has it been zoomed in/out to a size that means it can’t decide if the numbers should be 1px wide or 2?

ahh fixed it. had to turn on and tune Cleartype settings in Windows.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Hi. This is probably really simple - I have a spreadsheet with different tabs called January, February and so on. I have a summary tab with the months as column headers. I want a formula to return a specific result from each tab - for example, if I want column X rows 2-12 from the January tab to go into rows 2-12 in the January column from my summary tab, is there a formula that I can easily copy all over my summary tab?

I’d be wanting the same results from each one (e.g. row X column 1-12 from each month)