Exceptionally minor (perhaps) gripes when living with someone

So as many of you know i am now living with my on again/off again, now definitely on again tv.
Anyway it’s been a while since i lived with someone and the following (minor) things have irked me of late:

Talking during a favourite song of mine that has come on the radio/playlist etc.
Squeezing toothpaste from the middle of the tube and not the bottom like a normal person.
Getting water all over the bathroom floor after getting out the shower.

There are definitely more that right now i’m forgetting, and reading this back I can appreciate i’m probably the arsehole here, anyway, what minor irks do you have with a significant other?

1 Like

LOADS!

will write a list later - work to do now

number one though has to be moving my stuff everywhere so i don’t know where anything is (wallet. keys etc)

2 Likes

Her general apathy towards basic tidiness.

2 Likes

PLEASE JUST STACK THE DISHES AFTER YOU’VE USED THEM, I DON’T MIND GETTING IN LATE FROM WORK AND DOING ALL THE WASHING UP, REALLY, I DON’T. BUT PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AT LEAST STACK THE STUFF SO I CAN JUST GET ON WITH IT.

5 Likes

The shower water on the floor is probably a protest about you getting rid of the bath.

1 Like

ha, i was gonna mention washing up in the OP but then loads of folk have told me that i’m fucking weird when it comes to cleanliness. I’m not though, i mean why the fuck don’t folk clean as they go, why the fuck do folk not wash up when they’ve finished eating?!?!?!

people that are too tidy.

just chill out, I’ll do it later.

3 Likes

Opening things when we already have one of them open.

:slight_smile:
You may have a point, in fact she has a cold right now and was lamenting the fact that she can’t take a bath last night

nope

Puts his dirty dishes in the sink even though we have a dishwasher and they’re gonna end up in there anyway. I don’t know if it’s worse when he does this when the dishwasher’s dirty (ffs just put them straight in) or when it’s clean (basically leaving me to empty the dishwasher)

Leaving things out (like spilling the socks over the floor in the morning and then just leaving them there)
Leaving things out and open (like milk, just only closing the lid a little)
Not putting away stuff that’s been finished with
Not putting things in the bin (tissues, the cardboard roll in a toilet roll)
Moving my things so I have to looking for them when I need them
Breaking things
Getting a new cup rather than just using the same cup twice (and there’s no reason not to)
Damaging things
Pulling electrical things around by the cord and plug (then wondering the cord starts to break)
Leaving things and drinks on the floor which will inevitably get damaged or spilled
Dropping things
Leaving half empty cups of tea about
Opening new packets of food when one is already open

Maybe one or two others too

I can accept that I have a lower threshold of putting up with it needing to be done than her, that’s why I do it all but fuck me, the state of the kitchen when I’ve been getting in from work the last few weeks has nearly made me lose my head.

1 Like

what kind of monster uses a different mug rather than using the same one from before?!?!

2 Likes

Nah, you won’t, because you’ve come to rely on someone else doing it later. I’ve deliberately ignored dirty teaspoons left on the coffee table for more than a week to see if she’d ever bother moving it. Did she bollocks.

1 Like

so fucking much this^
FUCKING PICK IT UP AND PUT IT SOMEWHERE WHERE IT WONT BE KICKED OVER!!!

sorry, I just realised that this thread is for minor offences not major stuff

I DON’T MIND YOU LEAVING YOUR CLOTHES LITERALLY FUCKING EVERYWHERE, THAT’S YOUR DECISION BUT PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT COMPLAIN TO ME WHEN YOU CAN’T FIND THE SPECIFIC TOP YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AND CLAIM THAT “STUFF JUST DISAPPEARS IN THIS FLAT”

3 Likes

I don’t live with my boyfriend but already he takes MASSIVE issue with me leaving my hairbrush on the bed. Like why is this such a big deal, get over it. Also if you’re putting my hairbrush somewhere, tell me? it lives on the bed, i know where it is on the bed, if you move it and don’t tell me, i’ve then lost it.

My housemate is actually the loveliest and easiest person i’ve ever lived with and is proper clean and tidy just like me.
She does leave her washing in the machine sometimes but that is probably it.

Always leaves it to me to dispose of the bodies.