Extinction Rebellion protests

Targeted the Jubilee Line this morning with grim results:

Kind of baffled by this one tbh. Public transport in a largely working class area doesn’t seem like the ideal thing to disrupt to bring people on board. I get that a part of protesting is just to raise awareness and disrupt shit, but is this going to help awareness into support and actual change?

1 Like

Hope @xylo is ok

8 Likes

Obviously fuck the people who went full mob violence though.

21 Likes

Reckon they’re govt plants to turn people off from actual protests.

4 Likes

I saw a thread yesterday about who, in 50 years time, we’ll realise are being funded by the CIA. There’s definitely a non-zero chance.

3 Likes

I say we go extinct. Couple more generations and then we’re done. Go carbon crazy for the last 50-100. Think we’ve pretty much done it all as a species anyway. 3D films, Nissin Soba Noodles, nailed coffee. We had a good one!

11 Likes

The take economy has reached full maturation, now for its inevitable overreach and collapse

3 Likes

I’d have thought they’d want to encourage people to use public transport

11 Likes

Seems a really ill judged target unless they saw this as a way of getting more coverage

1 Like

Who are these mugs* who are that desperate to get to work.

*obviously referring to the office crew, if these people are going to work on temp/zero hours contracts then they can be rightly upset that they’re being stopped from getting to work

Something about Lucien and pink cowboy boots

2 Likes

Wasn’t he Kentish Town? If not than that’s one of my two mental associations with Kentish Town just gone, like tears in the rain.

Guess speaking to AR’s point in the other thread though about Extinction Rebellion not really being “organised” you’re going to get the odd protest that doesn’t really make sense in the grand scheme of things. Whether the person doing it is a plant or not.

Sorry:

2 Likes

It’s just me and you now, Kentish Town Forum.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

The one in the vid is Jubilee Line at Canning Town I think.

Canning Town was where Lucien lived. In a fridge, for some reason.

Suggs wrote a song about it, Canning Town, not Lucien in a fridge.

Find a lot of the stuff they do baffling or pure cringe… the dancing… the clapping while people are arrested… who knows maan

3 Likes

It was about par for the course. I decided to resort to nipping back a stop from London Bridge to Southwark to jump the queue to Stratford, but not a massive deal really.