Extremely minor recent irks

Yeah that’s rough.

1 Like

They don’t come with any cooking instructions! Absolute jokers

2 Likes

Didn’t duck sufficiently getting onto the subway and properly whacked my head. A child didn’t try very hard to hide her giggle. Then I had to suffer the indignity of spending the journey hunched over.

Glasgow, why are your trains so small?

3 Likes

They just announced a tour, probably well busy tbf to them

Don’t download a pdf onto my phone when I want to see the menu, just have it on your website ffs. I don’t even care if there’s a good reason at your end to do it that way, you should be the one inconvenienced, not me.

19 Likes

This is probably more moderate than minor, but Yodel has told us the scooter that is the most anticipated Christmas present for my son was left “behind the bins” because nobody was home.

1. We were home, listening for a delivery.
  2. Our bins aren’t on the road, and there’s no package anywhere to be seen.

Ordered a record, wanted to cancel the order two hours later - already despatched! Normally this efficiency would make me so happy…but no, irked!

Update: package found at our “other” house (the one a few streets over we just bought but haven’t moved into yet). Neither of us have any recollection of putting this address in the order, so clearly Yodel are spying on us.

10 Likes

the giggle was probably for the comedy sound made as the tin hit the door frame!?

2 Likes

So much this

I wish there was a way to get my phone to actually ask me if I want to save the pdf when I click on a link that turns out to be to a pdf. But no it just does it automatically

1 Like

This has just prompted me to go through my downloaded files and delete them on my phone. 175 menus :sweat_smile: loads of them doubles or triple copies

11 Likes

touche. was either that or me saying “ayaz ya cunt” when it happened.

1 Like

We should all post them in a thread

Just about finished a sudoku, then realised I had two 8s in the same column. No idea when I made the mistake so can’t go back and correct it - entire restart time ffs

And they muck about with embedded maps without actually having the full address properly written on copy&pasteable text. And don’t make it clear what times they’re open (i.e. is it a lunch & evening place, or just evenings?).

I think this is a really old comic, but still pretty much covers it:

3 Likes

Lots of very mundane “about last night” posts on Instagram today.

A bad photo of my neighbour’s kid doing absolutely nothing remarkable and also very clearly taken IN THE DAY.

Pure raging.

6 Likes

WHAT ABOUT LAST NIGHT, SARAH???!!!

11 Likes

For needlessly annoying websites, see also: visitor attractions.

I’m on your website, so I’m interested. But don’t piss me about.

First and foremost, I wanna know when are you open TODAY and THIS WEEK. This actual week. Not some other week, but click here for some seasonal variation which applies during the next fortnight PDF thingy.

Secondly, location and entrance price. Keep it simple, yeah? Don’t muck about with chat about season passes and add-ons without addressing the basics.

Thirdly what is actually on TODAY and THIS WEEK, not some film flam about upcoming features or exhibitions, or faffery about stuff that’s usually there, but, sorry, actually it’s closed for refurbishment at the moment.

6 Likes

program that I have to use at work, you can tick “keep me signed in” when you log on… but it doesn’t keep me signed in

10 Likes

The shut down that facility in websites for us a few months back. Highly frustrating although it doesn’t seem to affect some, e.g. DiS.