Extremely minor recent irks

I think the Bill ended about 10 years ago.

3 Likes

Stood out to me. Never used to be anything there.

But I’ll agree it should be top or even its own screen for pure clarity.

But sounds like your issue is being too many ‘edgy’ groups where the comment is a problem to cross over for others :wink:

Apologies accepted. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nah, hardly in any groups, really. :grinning: Mostly this is about photos of the kids sent from me to MsWza or vice versa, then being being forwarded on to parents. And the tone/content of the narrative doesn’t always carry through easily. Even a completely innocuous comment being carried through and popping up apparently apropos of nothing in a parents chat is irksome.

I’ll be honest that it sounds like your problem is you don’t have a Facebook and Twitter to farm out all this social media shitpost energy so you inflict it on WhatsApp groups :wink:

You’ve lost me. :face_with_spiral_eyes: If DiS doesn’t provide enough of an outlet for my shitpost energies, I’m in trouble. :grinning:

…and I am.

This story got posted to my ATD’s WhatsApp group the other day.

With the bait: “Your time Wza, dig in the archives.” (I’ve got a bit of a rep as the archivist amongst the group of mates.) So, I went through my 2004 photos of us (the first year of digital photos I have) pasting each paragraph of that story onto photos of us, like, so (old media emojis added here to protect the innocent/guilty)…

There’s 15 more where that came from. What am I doing with my life? :woozy_face::drooling_face:

3 Likes

When you post this as a Twitter thread I’ll give it a read :wink:

No.

1/n

Waiting so long for a bus you could’ve been halfway home already if you’d started walking :upside_down_face:

(it’s a 45 minute walk tbf and I walked here, only didn’t walk back cos wanted to get home sooner!)

7 Likes

Taxis at work. Usually end up with a 16 seat minibus for one person.

Had a Prius turn up for 4 of us today :upside_down_face:

Shoddy washing up by the houseguest.

The food dunkers are at it again

WIPE UP THAT GRAVY

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpH6fEVNWMG/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

1 Like

Just had this pop up.

They must’ve been getting pelters for it and have finally admitted it needs a heads up.

American podcasters saying “the _____ of it all”.

Agreed!

I’m being overly harsh, cos there are plenty I like. But there are so many that are crap at reading scripted stuff (a format I’m not overly sold on at the best of times). And there are so many that hyuck hyuck their adlibs interminably and it takes two guys five minutes to deliver a simple sentence of information. Also, vocal frrryyyyyyy.

3 Likes

Also,

“You love to see it.”

about stuff you love to see, or

“You hate to see it.”

about stuff you hate to see.

The effectiveness of the phrase is in the sarcasm and false concern of saying you hate to see something terrible happen to someone terrible.

Less commonly heard lately, at least.

‘Hook it into my veins’ seems to have had its moment, too. Don’t mind it, but was a bit too ubiquitous for a while.

Tesco replacing their Pay+ app that did payment and clubard in one tap - to a new app that only does clubcard.

Firefox does not warn you if you accidentally close a window, it just does it. Number of warnings apps shoot up before they allow you to do anything, and this one doesn’t go ‘Hey, looks like you’re about to close 130 tabs, you sure you want to do that?’

Probably something I could turn on in preferences intit but I can never be arsed

I really dislike mindless comments like this.

The one that really winds me up is when a company announces that there’ll be an annoucement and there’ll be a comment thread on blog posts/Twitter/forums with people saying variations of “LET’S FUCKING GOOOOO” over and over and over.

I just went over to the Resetera computer games forum. Top thread is an announcement about a Pokemon event. First comment? Have a guess.

you mean you hate to see it?

4 Likes