Extremely minor recent irks

fake pocket on the back of my trousers
massive waste of real estate and of everyone’s time

6 Likes

Just bobbing around, traversing the pool widthways while folk are trying to do lengths. Scum.

Had to wait for 10 minutes on the way to work, while a skip lorry removed the skip from someone’s drive.

Only filing it as a minor irk because found it quite entertaining watching the skip man rushing around in the pissing rain to get the job done as quick as possible, plus the fact that a lot of folk in the queue would have been getting ‘Fully Irked’ made me laugh (in fairness, blocking a busy road at 8am for 10 mins is a bit of a wind up int it).

:smiley: what a fucking maniac

I love shit like this. Mainly because I now realise there’s nothing I can do about it, I’ve got my music, and as you say all the business wankers will be seething. Lolz.

2 Likes

True. When something is out of your control, what can you do? Just relax, daydream, whatever. And wait it out.

The sun is dyeing my floppy quiff blond.

This is halfway between a minor and a major, but more towards minor I reckon:

Last Friday got a FedEx slip through the door. They tried to deliver a parcel. So I went online, asked them to re-deliver on Monday, with instructions to leave with a neighbour as I would probably be at work. Was handily off sick on Monday, but it never arrived. Didn’t arrive on Tuesday either. Yesterday when I got home there was a slip again posted through our letterbox. They tried to deliver it again. Didn’t leave it with a neighbour. FUCKSAKE.

Meanwhile I’ve been on at their Twitter person via DM complaining about it. Apparently they will try again today and they do have instructions to leave with a neighbour.

The funny thing is; I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE PARCEL IS. I don’t have any deliveries outstanding. I have re-checked and double-checked my email. I’m not due anything. If they can’t leave it with a neighbour today then they may as well chuck it in the bin cos I don’t fucking know what it is.

I missed this, it’s incredible.

oh my fucking god

1 Like

I’m likely to be in Crayford on 5th August. I’ll pick it up for you.

1 Like

:smiley:

I am extremely irked that they’ve not delivered it today. I don’t understand.

Also, I’ve just tried to say I will pick it up, but it says “Unfortunately, this shipment is not eligible to be held at a FedEx location because the shipper has requested that this shipment be delivered to the address of the recipient.”

LOL WHAT

FUCKING HELL

1 Like

Bravo!!! :clap:

Sounding a little less minor now.

I feel like I’m in some Kafka-esque nightmare

Ricin.

I’ve seen it before when a builders merchant lorry was unloading in the middle of the road. Woman got out of her car and went marching up to the wagon shouting at the driver.

He just shrugged and got back to lifting his bricks off while the woman stropped off back to her car.

Great stuff.

2 Likes

This is ideal.

In the post yesterday I received two letters.

One was from HMRC telling me that I had paid too much tax in 2016 and I needed to go online and provide bank account details so they can pay it back to me.

The other was from my bank telling me that due to restructuring, for legal reasons involving the separation of personal and business banking, my account number and sort code will soon be changing.

Knowing my luck, if I provide my bank details to HMRC right now, they will pay me after my current details are obsolete. All I feel I can do is wait and hope my bank provides the new details soon.

This is irksome… I want my money and I want it now!

• typing info into excel then realising it’s waiting for me to ‘enable editing’ Like a dick.
  • turning up to quiz nights that have been cancelled
  • hearing someone pronounce something wrong more than once in the same day
  • people “agreeing to disagree” on shit when they actually mean “I’m wrong, you are superior to me and have won this bout of intellectual battle”

Oh, and hi everyone.

3 Likes