Extremely minor recent irks

Classic.

“Smee I’d really value your opinion on this” (LOL when you get back from holiday and then I’m off)

having to click play twice on youtube vids on mobile

1 Like

What? Why?

1 Like

I don’t like the way Adobe boxes stay in front of anything else you’re doing while they’re busy. I want to cut to community.drownedinsound.com whilst my file is saving, unhindered by a stupid window.

When I was typing this I thought of at least 3 easy ways around this, but I’m still minorly irked.

1 Like

Scientific papers have to be written in the past tense, and Word keeps giving me the ‘passive voice - consider revising’ shit. Fuck off mate I like being passive! (I can’t find a way to turn it off)

1 Like

Is it being…
:slightly_smiling_face:
…passive…
:dark_sunglasses::smirk:
…aggressive?
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Voice and tense are different things though

(trying to get my Language Log badge here)

I know, but my style of writing in the past tense leads to this happening a lot. It doesn’t sound wrong when I read it back!

Being constantly harangued by the wobbly green line does my head in too. As if all passives are wrong - you don’t get ‘active voice - consider revising’. Discrimination!

1 Like

Think there’s been an update to Word because it keeps telling me to change “according to” to “per” :mask:

2 Likes

Someone’s replaced the artificial sweetener sachets with salt and pepper sachets and I nearly made the world’s most disgusting cup of coffee because of it.

1 Like

Got the shower hose down from the fitting to rinse the tub before running a bath and when I went to reconnect it a little trickle of water ran down my sleeve.

1 Like

kick his ass, smee

Been hit with a £26 customs charge on some t-shirts from the US

I knew it was a risk, but: irked.

2 Likes

I’ve frequently been hit with a customs charge on records from outside the EU – will this increase after Brexit? – but the most annoying thing is paying a minimal customs charge and the cost being more than doubled by the post office “handling fee”.

which shirts?

https://housetshirts.com

Put too much milk in my tea and it’s really weak but it’s not worth making another one

1 Like

Strange things my wife’s parents do #437:

The clock in their bedroom is set 30 minutes fast