Extremely minor recent irks

Tyres had all lost a bit of pressure, due to Winter I setting in.

Went to use what I was always sure was a FREE AIR machine at the petrol station this morning, was actually 20p. Smallest coin I had on me was a quid.

Paid £1 for some air.

I am genuinely irked on your behalf here :-1:

well I would have bought something for < 80p in the shop.

or just rode the winter out on slightly under-inflated tyres.

1 Like

If only I was as fast-thinking as you.

Oh well, the petrol station I went to is 5 pence a litre cheaper than the one near home that definitely has free air, so overall I’m still a quid or so up…

I linked to this the other day. Is it me or has it been removed from YouTube?!

Yeah it’s been removed. And the only way I can link to it is by finding the post on here and copy/pasting it!

Still very, very funny.

1 Like

Got an ulcer on the tip of my tongue.

Been locked out of my PayPal account, d’oh. The automated phone call thing isn’t calling me.

I reckon Paypal is the thing I forget my password for the most.

1 Like

Huzzah I’m in! Just kept brute-forcing it until it let me confirm my identity via credit card and secret questions. Password was fine, but apparently there was a log-in attempt from near San Diego last month. Same date/time I bought something off the PSN store so must be that. Only wanted to send £1.75 to someone for a photo today :sweat_smile:

I’ve started using my track pump and pressure gauge (that i use for my bike) on my car tyres. I’ve literally saved a modest amount

I’m a month into working in my new office. There has been one highlight: yesterday I saw a kingfisher.

But there are a couple of minor annoyances. Now I have to use the Overground I end up hearing that on-board announcement that goes something like “You must have a valid ticket or Oystercard to board this service”. The result of this is that literally every day for the last month I’ve walked home from the station with Huey Lewis and the News playing in my head.

Also the lifts in my new building say “lift is going down” or “lift is going up” every time the doors close and I can’t help myself subconsciously adding “I said lift is going up” each time.

I think these things might drive me mad.

1 Like

The guy in front of me in the queue at Saino’s took one of the 5p bags without paying for it. I think this pretty much nails the description in the thread title.

CITIZEN’S ARREST!

11 Likes

if you do not, you may have to pay a penalty fare.

1 Like

I know!

Recently when I’ve had deliveries at the weekend, the delivery drivers had said something like ‘I tried you yesterday’, I’m like ‘yeah, I was work, like you dick

Ordered some supposedly ripe bananas from Ocado. Had em delivered on Saturday and they are still completely green. I look forward to taking one to work with me on Saturday…

Brown paper bag innit will be good by wed eve

Stick em in a bag with some bananas, will sort em out

2 Likes