Extremely minor recent irks

I just call it being regular m8

6 Likes

I’ve got a colleague who calls me up to ask a question, but he usually hasn’t figured out what it is he wants to ask until after he’s picked up the phone, so I get to listen to him figure out what he doesn’t know, then realise that he does know how to deal with whatever it is, then say bye. Several times a day.

Cheers for the interruptions, dickhead.

He just wants to hear your voice.

Well he’s only human, but he can still fuck off.

If you get one present from each couple no way should you be buying each individual a present. Entirely your fault.

My TV loses the ability to communicate with the soundcard in my PC which means every time I start it up I have to instantly restart it in order for the sound to work. Also mean if my PC goes to sleep I have to restart it too.

Kinda put up with it for about a year but it is a bit annoying.

Likewise. Presents for brother, sister in law, nieces: 8 (birthday + Christmas)

Presents in return: 1 + 1 gift voucher.

Feel like I need to have loads of kids just to even up the score a bit.

Had to read this 3 times whilst going “his girlfriend can’t communicate with what? The PC?”

IRKED (at the common use of TV on his forum)

13 Likes

Ha, sorry - should have remembered really.

A guy…at work…sends all…his emails to us…with these weird ellipses in…for no reason…

Also he annoyed me by asking for something by Monday lunchtime and when we told him we were short-staffed but we could do that he asked if we could instead do it on Friday…grrr…

just bought the xmas radio times (it’s now officially xmas)
total shopping came to £4.49
gave the guy £4.50
didn’t even get offered the 1p change back
minor irkage not offset by joy of xmaas radio times

1 Like

He’s completely done you there, because there’s no way on earth you’re going to ask for that penny.

3 Likes

just stand there awkwardly til they give you the penny isn’t it

1 Like

creaky used to do this didn’t he?

you need to get the TV Times too, otherwise you’ll only know whats on half the channels

1 Like

I once was at a service station and my shop came to (say) £9.99. I gave the guy a tenner. He put it in the machine and said “would you like your penny back?”

I felt a bit taken-aback by being asked if I wanted my change (?!) and awkward about it, so just went “erm… yeah?”.

He gave it to me, gave me a disgusted look and said “You know people normally say ‘you can just put it in the charity box’”.

I just walked off sheepishly…

change shaming shouldn’t be a thing

got actual, difficult work to do over the next 2 weeks.

Got my work £50 Christmas bonus card thing through. You used to be able to give it straight to charity, but now you can’t. So now I’m going to have to spend the £50 on Amazon or whatever and then make a separate £50 donation to a charity of my choosing. Dicks.

Fifty pounds worth of these

https://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Donate-food-with-Ocado-10-GBP/271531011?from=shop&tags=|20000|30941|178265|178263&parentContainer=|30941|178265|178263