Extremely minor recent irks

8 mugs is nowhere near enough mugs. We have about twenty five and never seen to have any

4 Likes

I have some in a cupboard as well (which is also full), the mug tree is for best mugs but I have too many best mugs.

Cyclone’s coming and forecast was for crazy rain tomorrow, making it difficult to get into work. I was all ready to wfh, work on one laptop, DiS and Civ on the other, lovely. Now the forecast is just for quite a lot of rain, just enough to get soaked going in to work. IRKED.

Been irking me for a while and I may have already said it, but it’s bugging me again because I got one this morning and it’s news websites telling me that it’s

“time for your morning briefing”

I HATE it and it’s one of the worst things about modern times.

2 Likes

There’s a supplier website I have to log into at work, and at the top right of the page is a button saying “log in” - when you click that it brings up a drop-down menu where the only option is “log in to your account”.

10 Likes

I’ve flagged this post

My flatmate has a lot of family members (about 4 or 5) staying in our flat that has 3 rooms, 1 small bathroom and a not very big shared living space. They are somewhat loud. Am I being mean by being irked by this? Having this many people in one space is really playing havoc with my already crap anxiety.

For how long?

Since Saturday

That’d drive me insane

6 Likes

I want to say something to her but it’s her family and they’ve come over from Lithuania so I feel like a dick for being irritated. :confused:

Yeah this is major league irking. I’m irked on your behalf

I guess it’s a short term thing then…?

Can you baggsy the bathroom for certain peak times (before work etc) when you need a shower…

How well do you know your flatmate? Well enough to hang out with them and take them to the pub or something?

Other than that you may just have to ride it out… either lock yourself in your room or go to the cinema, cafe, pub etc :frowning:

People getting all neurotic about the pavement at Chinese New Year at the weekend. Ooo he’s pushing in, they’re all pushing in, we can’t see, moan moan moan. Like, I know it’s shit not to see something, I know because I never can (being small ish) but no one has reserved pieces of the pavement. It’s a crowd people will move into spaces.

Further irked by the guy in front of me who started hurling abuse at people standing next to him, as they were well within their rights to do.

All in they made a slightly stressful experience excruciating.

People who use ye instead of yeah or even yeh

Ye

Always pronounce it yee in my head and think they are idiots for typing it like that

2 Likes

ooh, people who write “hon” instead of “hun” too.

I hate both ‘hun’ and ‘hon’ - whichever way they spell it, I am irked.

4 Likes

You okay, hin?

6 Likes

Even ‘yeh’ is quite irking

Apart from this… of course.