Extremely minor recent irks

If it makes you feel any better, someone at my gf’s work this week had one of their emails sent round the whole company due to some ill-advised reply all. In that email they had called the CEO “a fuckwit”.

So that’s good.

7 Likes

for some reason i find it really annoying when people say ‘so are you going to ____ or…?’

I do this loads, and it annoys me I do it. Try to catch myself on and attempt to save it e.g.
“so are you going to eat that now or… save it for later?” :unamused:

so, are you going to stop doing it, or…?

1 Like

I LOVE to do in this in a passive aggressive way

Are you going to stop being a dickhead or…???

1 Like

yeah that’s fine, that’s probably the most appropriate usage of it! it’s when people are asking a genuine question but have no idea what the ‘or…’ would be

Apparently the inner door in the ladies loo is leaking oil or something and people keep slamming it into the wall. The wall that’s shared with my office*. It’s making my teeth rattle each time.

*no, my office isn’t the gents, but cwbavfti

If you Google “easyJet check in” the top result is the help page for checking in, not the actual check in page.

People walking behind me having a conversation as they’re walking, or having a conversation on the phone. Really, really, pisses me off.

I usually stop walking and let them go ahead of me.

1 Like

What, so they’re now in your way, dawdling on the phone? That’s insane.

It’s just really annoying when they’re talking at the tops of their voices into the back of my head.

1 Like

This, also clicky heels, or a wheely suitcase. Irks me so much I can’t deal with it.

Said this before but people who have stopped to look at their phone or something - and decide to start walking again just as your about to pass so you end up walking almost side by side. Stop it.

Yeah they’re flipping annoying. Especially when you’re walking behind someone and they stop at the top of some steps, and then pull the handle up.

When I’m using one I always try to be mindful of the people behind me, and do it in a fluid motion to cause as little inconvenience behind me as possible.

My boss has this annoying habit of setting up conference calls with vague titles like ‘discussion’ so I don’t know what they’re about and can’t prepare for them. Reminds me of when my mum used to announce (sometimes via passive aggressive note) that WE NEED TO TALK LATER so I’d be fretting all day about what she’d found.

His inability to use capital letters or punctuation is saved for the major irks thread.

oooooooooft

i had this a few weeks ago. at 16:55 on a Monday my line manager sent me an invite for a 1-1 meeting at 9:00am the next day, title “Chat”. turned out to be nothing but ffs mate, way to ruin my evening.

3 Likes

Same. I read my emails once at like 8pm and my boss had booked in for a catch up call at like 2pm and I was like OMG WHAT HAVE I DONE but it was nothing obvs

1 Like

Having to provide a ‘recent bank statement or utility bill’ as a means of proof of address. This in the year 2018, when all of those things are done online.

Double irk is that this ‘proof of address’ is needed by the solicitors sorting the sale of our flat out. Even though they’ve already had all the mortgage shit, land registry shit and various other stuff that shows we own it and live there.

6 Likes

Regulations that came in last year to prevent money laundering via solicitors means that it’s extremely difficult for someone to actually hire the services of a solicitor if they don’t have half a dozen forms of identity. It’s way over the top.

I have to provide proof of address to the bank to be able to start the process of buying half of this house but I don’t have anything here yet with my address on it so I can’t provide proof of address until I own this house and have bills changed into my name. WTF