Extremely minor recent irks

“See the anonymous one? That was me. I did it anonymous because I am very modest. You’re welcome!”

5 Likes

4 Likes

flatmate just decided to knock all the mud off her boots INSIDE THE FLAT instead of idk in the stairwell or on the street

definitely above a minor irk tbh

oh wait they actually swept (most) of it up, pleasantly surprised

The Gmail logo has changed which means I don’t mentally register it when scanning my open tabs and end up opening loads of new Gmail tabs without realising I have it already open

IRK

6 Likes

The fact that when I look up about the next season/series of a show I love I see those links from the usual suspects, e.g. Radio Times or Digital Spy (shittest spy ever) with a title that says

Release date, synopsis and more

and even though I know they’re full of shit I still click on them. And then the ‘release date’ is normally along the lines of

Well S1 premiered in May 2018 and S2 in April 2019 but the Coronavirus has messed things up so we don’t have a clue.

Such successful trolling from these sites. Honestly, fuck them.

7 Likes

Just learned there’s a South African football team called Cape Town City. The name doesn’t sit right with me.

2 Likes

I don’t like how many American cities are called ‘______ Beach’

1 Like

Minor irk time: when I sit down of an evening, and then Mrs CCB then tells me about a job she needs to do (e.g. put the washing out or print out the home learning or whatever). It’s irksome because there’s no way of just remaining on the sofa and not helping - or doing something in return - and I’ve mistimed the moment when I can relax for the evening. And I have no right to be annoyed about someone else doing a job.

3 Likes

Those QA stickers on the labels inside new clothes.

U wat m8?

Although, in fairness…

U wat m8?

Tiny little square jobbers for quality assurance purposes.

Gifted.

Google is not helping, I genuinely don’t know what these are :woman_shrugging:

On the labels inside clothes that have washing instructions/textiles used etc. Little square or circular stickers. One or two of 'em, usually. With just ‘QA’ or a number, or whatever, printed on them. Presumably applied by someone at the end of the line in the factory to confirm that the garment has been approved.

Kinda gotta remove 'em. But they invariably don’t come off properly. But it’s an extremely minor urk cos the worst outcome, even if you forget them entirely, is the equivalent of leaving an extremely teeny tiny tissue in your pocket in the wash.

Just delivered!

Perfect EMRI with my online banking app. I use Triodos for my current account and ISA and their security passcode is 5 digits instead of the ubiquitous 4 digits or slightly rarer 6 digits. 5 digits though? What the hell. Who has a 5 digit passcode or memorable number?

Obviously it doesn’t really matter because I just use my default 6 digit passcode but cut down to 5 digits but every time I enter it I’m fully and unquestionably minorly irked.

4 Likes

Just thinking… Was there ever a time they used the full 60 seconds of the Countdown (gameshow) clock face?

1 Like

at @TheBarbieMovie2023 you coward!

2 Likes

There’s 3 digital clocks in my kitchen (oven, microwave, thermostat), all of them are wrong in different ways, one’s slightly fast, one’s slightly slow, one is really fast

1 Like

The caption at the bottom, not the original caption…

Irks me when people are like “lol, what are we like” as if this is an entirely unique situation to the UK.

9 Likes

(I read the very bottom and for a second I thought this was going to be a very specific thing about how you object to people using Hulme and Moss Side interchangeably or something like that.)