Extremely minor recent irks

Tins (same make/size) that don’t stack securely on top of each other in the cupboard

4 Likes

Google Maps app does double tap to zoom in with one finger, which is fine, but there’s no + & - buttons, so no way (I know of) to zoom out without pinching, which requires two fingers, which makes fully one-handed use of Google Maps unnecessarily difficult, which is irksome.

1 Like

Videos in embedded tweets don’t display how long they are. So you have to maximize the video to see whether you’re dealing with a quick clip or an extended timesink.

1 Like

I got your back babes!

You can double tap with two fingers to zoom out (bit of a pain), or

double tap with one finger then keep your finger held down - then slide up and down to zoom in and out

4 Likes

Tap on the video to pause it, and you get the time/progress bar along the bottom, which will tell you.

Boom!

Thank you.

1 Like

No joy with that. It’s just displaying the time elapsed. :sob:

Oh. This is what it looks like on mine

Hmmm. Doesn’t look like your screen resolution is notably different, so it’s not a space issue.

Slightly different ‘full screen’ icon, though. I’m using Firefox. Just went into Chrome, and it looks the same as yours. That’ll be it, then. At least now I know, ta.

Firefox! :grinning:

:fist:

Honestly it seems pretty bad these days. It’s a real shame

They definitely released the most recent total overhaul waaaaay to soon. Think I griped about it upthread. But it got sorted in the following weeks. Apart from yesterday’s minor irk Ican’t think of any significant problems. Desktop and mobile profiles sync well. :person_shrugging:

Just seems to have issues rendering websites as well TBH while also having similar UI issues with it being hard to find stuff in the menus as Chrome does

The Gmail app STILL doesn’t let you create labels or filters.

Can’t even do a workaround on mobile by going via desktop mode in a browser.

I reckon it’s something about how the settings seem to be from the ‘old’ Gmail interface from like 10 years back and it’s not ever been updated to some kind of API system that the app can communicate with.

My TV has a built in recorder thing. If you watch something you’ve taped on it, stop half way through and pick up the next day it prompts you with two buttons.

START FROM BEGINNING
or
RESUME

Given that it knows I was half way through, why does it default to START… it’s like such a simple piece of code to pick the one that should be defaulted.

This is an extremely minor irk, but I feel very annoyed as the developer just had to change a 0 to a 1 or something. Instead he wanted to piss me off.

2 Likes

Sounds plausible. But no less forgiveable, the big sillies.

1 Like

Wonderful irkage level, this.

1 Like

The emoji set for this site is shite.

:grinning::smiley::smile::grin::laughing::sweat_smile::joy::rofl::sob::kissing::kissing_smiling_eyes::kissing_closed_eyes::kissing_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::star_struck::partying_face::hugs::upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face::smiling_face_with_tear: :relaxed: :blush::smirk::relieved::wink::face_with_hand_over_mouth::no_mouth::neutral_face::expressionless::pensive::yum::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face::thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_monocle::roll_eyes::unamused::triumph::angry::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::frowning::slightly_frowning_face::confused::worried::pleading_face::flushed::grimacing::zipper_mouth_face::shushing_face::cold_sweat::fearful::anguished::frowning_with_open_mouth::open_mouth::hushed::astonished::scream::exploding_head::cry::disappointed_relieved::sweat::disappointed::confounded::persevere::weary::tired_face::drooling_face::yawning_face::sleeping::sleepy::nauseated_face::face_vomiting::sneezing_face::face_with_thermometer::face_with_head_bandage::woozy_face::dizzy_face::hot_face::cold_face::mask::innocent::cowboy_hat_face::money_mouth_face::sunglasses::nerd_face::disguised_face: :lying_face: :clown_face::ghost::alien::robot::jack_o_lantern::smiling_imp::imp::japanese_ogre::japanese_goblin::skull_and_crossbones::smiley_cat::smile_cat::joy_cat::heart_eyes_cat::smirk_cat::kissing_cat::scream_cat::crying_cat_face::pouting_cat::bowing_man::person_raising_hand::person_tipping_hand::person_gesturing_ok::person_gesturing_no::person_shrugging::person_facepalming::person_frowning::person_pouting::deaf_person::person_getting_massage::person_getting_haircut: :person_in_steamy_room: :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil::monkey_face:

:poop::poop::poop: