F u g a z i

Horrible, muddy production and lots of aimless drift in the tracks. Motherfucker = redeemer is the only part of it I’d revisit these days.

Def let down by the production. I think Rockets fall on rocket falls is one of the best things they’ve done. Too bad every version I’ve heard sounds like it was downloaded on kazaa circa 2004

Yanqui is still good though even if the weakest

1 Like

Ie the best one :wink:

1 Like

Well yes, this is what everyone says but I quite like it. LYSF is the one that I think meanders a bit too much. But we can all agree that the gold standard is Slow Riot For New Zero Kanada, right?

1 Like

Love that EP.

1 Like

SERIOUSLY

small concert brag story, I saw them play Moya and BBF3 in 2011, Vancouver BC

edit - no they didn’t play Moya but it is my favourite instrumental track ever

Think I saw them on that tour in Lee’s Palace in Toronto - great show

Stop talking about Godspeed

6 Likes

Yes please keep this thread pure.

This is a thread for Fugazi and there is enough about them and related projects to need no tangents

2 Likes

Steady Diet is great. Everyone should listen to it.

I mean there isn’t a bad release anyway.

1 Like

Of course, not saying it’s bad by any means it’s just the one I go back to the least

1 Like

Just adding to the steady diet love - its great. I really love the cover also. Makes it feel like its going to be a really punk record but then its when things start to get more interesting.

Its better than red medicine and 13 songs i reckon, and to my ears The Argument but i know thats a minority view.

Coincidentally listened to this yesterday…Really enjoyed this chat with Guy and him talking about emo…

(its a great podcast generally)

2 Likes

First:
nice!

Second and possibly for the musical things you’ve been slow to realise thread but those guys don’t deserve this if they don’t like Fugazi:

Somehow I have only just realised that if you turn Red Medicine’s cover upside down it’s a nod to Spiderland

Poll because we love polls
  • I knew this
  • I did not spot this until now
0 voters

I am stunned. So stunned i don’t even believe that’s not photoshopped and i will be checking the record later

3 Likes

Spotted it but didn’t know it was a nod to Spiderland. Wouldn’t have know Spiderland existed at that time

4 Likes

I don’t really understand this reply.

It seem what you’re saying is “I noticed that the bottom half of the album cover was them in the water but upside down”.

Yeah I think he just means he saw no significance in it as a reference

Yeah, but isn’t the significance the only significant thing about this observation? Or did people not realise that it was an upside down photo at the bottom?