Facebook cowardice

You ever post something on the old facey b and because no-one liked it, you deleted it?

I did it this morning. I think I might be a terrible human.

1 Like

Deleted the whole thing m9 because, you see, I’m not on Facebook.

11 Likes

Done that a fair bit on Instagram

If it makes you a terrible human then I need to join the terrible human club too :terrible human gang sign:

Last thing I posted on Facebook was in 2016.

I’m a Facebook coward in that I never post on it (although I do share my Insta posts on there sometimes) but daren’t go full #notonfacebookwanker due to FOMO

Why are you deleting it man? Because you think it has no worth if nobody has liked it? If that’s the case then that’s very daft.

1 Like

I quit the boards in fury for as long as 2 or 3 days if I don’t feel adequately appreciated.

4 Likes

Yeah. It was a poem and it just felt a bit embarrassing leaving it hanging there in the ether.

Posted something on FB today for what feels like the first time in absolutely ages. Weird how little it seems to be used.

Oh matey, your poems are fantastic! Never equate social media likes to anything at all. You know you’re good at this stuff so a lack of likes means absolutely fuck all. Who’s to say if you left it up all day it wouldn’t have amassed nuff likes by this evening?

4 Likes

Would ditch Facebook if it weren’t for messenger. Amazing how it’s slowly going the way of Myspace when it used to seem like such an unstoppable force.

1 Like

Thanks. I was toying with giving it another bash later in the day. Is that even weirder?

Not weird no, what’s weird is your reliance on social media attention to justify your worth! You’re better than that man.

Yeah, I’m a bit perturbed by it myself. They usually only get 5 or 6 people arsed on facebook, so I’m not too bothered about that. I think it was the embarrassment of literally none. Quite hard to tell when I’ve totally missed the mark with those shitty poems, especially when I wrote it at half past midnight when I got in last night (quite possibly bad content).

Fwiw you can deactivate your account but still use messenger.

Give a shit how my posts are received frankly

1 Like

I admire your nonchalance.

I think you can be your own worst enemy when it comes to creative output and it certainly sounds like the case here. Try not to worry about it m9, Facebook likes mean absolutely nothing.

It is irrelevant if its fb, I think or would hope there is a bit of emotional investment when anyone writes anything publicly.

There is a bigger context to this. I’m thinking of doing a second book, and general opinion is that I should. Can’t afford to pay to print up front like last time, so considering a Kickstarter type effort. Awkward when gauging whether it’s worth it when they seem largely unpopular.

For bonus context, the first book cost £140 to print (100 copies) (admittedly someone else paid for this), and I sold them for a tenner a pop.