Failure Thread

got a U in my physics AS level. when i resat it in june i got a lower score, so id actually forgotten stuff since

You’re a kicker for the Minnesota Vikings?

1 Like

Oof, there’s a burn from the left field.

Personal failure: everything

Professional failure: yeah that’s me

Wide left!

i’ve been giving serious consideration to getting a motorbike licence

I failed the most basic of English tests to get onto an access course a few years back. yep, I’ve got one art o’ level, it did nothing for me etc

disclaimer: I had worked the previous night with a client who has serious mental health issues and learning difficulties and was, for want of a better phrase, completely out of his head that night. I was up all night managing his behaviour and keeping him safe from harm.

anyway, the next morning, I had my test at 9am and my colleague was coming in to take over at 8am. she was new to this client and highly unprepared for what she was about to face. throwing of cups of teas and chairs, shouting and other general frightening and upsetting behaviour.

I immediately sended that she was waaaay out of her comfort zone. she was shaking like a leaf. I could have just fucked off like a cunt, but decided to phone the office to tell them they needed to get someone else more experienced in. cheeky cunts asked me to stay on! told them I had this thing at 9 and no way was I staying. so I waited with her til about 08.40, where another colleague came to help firefight. I had 20 minutes to burn across town and get to the test/interview thing.

I got there in time, sat down and replayed what had just happened in the previous 12 hrs. I was mentally drained and like a zombie, but fuck it, let’s do this shit.

here is the kicker - there were two tests: English and Maths. I am terrible with numbers so I whooshed through the English test without paying it much mind, then spent the rest of the time on the maths shit. big mistake! was a bit of arrogance on my part, in retrospect.

got to the interview part and they were like ‘sorry, you’ve failed the english part…better luck next year’ I got 100% on the maths shizzle! fuuuuuuck!

here is the second kicker - I actually have the required English G.C.S.E anyway, but don’t have the certificate, so I could have actually just done the maths part! fuuuuuuuck!

what a day that was! went to the pub immediately after the rejection, nailed 3 pints and went back to bed for the rest of the day.

kin hell man!

Get yerself on Apterous - me @Aggpass and @TKC will get you up to show standard!

Oooh that’s something I failed at!

I failed my third year of university three times. Same module each time, my dissertation, which I failed during the year and during the summer repeats, meaning I failed that module six times.

Nailed it on the seventh try though. Had to get special dispensation from the university to enroll again. Worked until Christmas, quit my job then and knuckled down and did it. Got a 1st in it when the results came out. Could have performed a standing backflip there and then I was so happy. Probably just got super drunk instead.

1 Like

Oh, and failed at loads of relationships and that. They’re not fun to talk about though, unlike my story above.

I’ve passed the theory (twice now) just trying to find time to do the practical
will need to redo the CBT as well now

Yeeeeeeesh! Would they not have let you sit the test at another time? Also, what’s an access course? Forgive me being thick, don’t have that as a name for anything here.

I have done this many, many times. You don’t seem like a failure at all when I read your posts! Wouldn’t consider you as one at all.

access course is for thickos who don’t have the required grades to go straight to uni, man. simple one year course to see whether the academic life is for you, or not.

they did offer me the gig a week later, as my personal statement was something to behold apparently (thanks @Songs_about_ducking ) and some chump had pulled out, but I had some other things going on then anyway.

c’est la vie, maaaaaan

Don’t remember failing a school exam bar my technology SAT after i’d smoked some brutal doobies. Had a weird knack of sailing through exams without doing any revision at all and attending as few lessons as possible. Ultimately, COURSEWORK.

Failed a couple of driving tests.

Ahhh, gotcha. We don’t have anything similar to that here I think.

Jazz life skillz, jazz life.

1 Like

Further Maths and Chemistry AS

Haha maybe not myself!

I was going to say a number of job interviews but, looking back on it, the standard of candidates was very high and they’ve kept my details on file, so maybe too soon to call it a failure.

6 Likes