Fake Sleeves

Fake or genuinely alternative record sleeves please.

1 Like

16 Likes

Low: Ones And Sixes, alternative cover

‘comedy’ answer

2 Likes

awful

9 Likes

Agreed, the sleeve is terrible too.

3 Likes

One for different folks I guess.

1 Like

The no love deep web alt cover

2 Likes

Wonder if it would be funnier if it had said Sock instead of suck.
:smiley:

1 Like

Definitely

1 Like

Not fake, but the alternative cover foisted onto the U.K. edition for no good reason

1 Like

That’s the version on bought on Nice Price circa 1985 and I didn’t know then it wasn’t the initial sleeve so for some reason, association probably, I’ve always preferred that sleeve.

That’s one bad looking sleeve

I think it’s awful - every other edition has some variant of the black sleeve, but bizarrely some record company executive in the U.K. in the late seventies thought it needed some toy soldiers. It was the first cover I was familiar with too but I was always mystified by how rubbish it was.

Great album though nonetheless if not a difficult listen, I bought at the time JAMC were emerging. Loved the spilt from speaker to speaker on The Gift and the story on that track.

1 Like

Quite like this alt slieve for metal box. Would pay good money for the original mind

2 Likes

It’s a great sleeve, trying to think off the cuff (not Googling, playing Bloodborne) if it has different content to Metal Box.

I have a cd of this and I’m pretty sure it’s all the same content. Didnt the metal box Lps actually sell at a loss also?

Possible but I don’t know. I’d prefer the one you’ve posted as the PIL box would sit odd with other LP’s re shape.

A mate of mine did a Russian degree in the early 90’s, lived in Moscow for 6 months and brought back loads of multiple copies of Led Zep and Pink Floyd vinyl that were essentially bootlegs but the same as the original albums. Some awful sleeves on them but a nice curiosity.

1 Like