Prompted by a conversation we’ve been having this morning, let’s see what you all would rather achieve in the following fields:
Film - You can either be in any old shite, but know that they’ll make millions of pounds and be massively popular on a mainstream level OR be lauded and acclaimed by critics and film buffs for appearing discerningly in more niche or selective genres/films
- Fame - I’ll appear in anything
- Acclaim - Just the snobby stuff for me
Music - You can be heralded by music fans, your peers, critics etc and make a string of highly rated records but never achieve huge success OR you can sell millions of albums but be derided as shite by people like DiS.
- Fame - Gimme those platinum discs please
- Acclaim - 5/5 on the HGATR is enough for me
Literature - Same deal really, churn out a conveyor belt of trashy page turners, make millions OR craft one book every few years lovingly and publish them to high acclaim but limited sales
- Fame - Where do I sign the rights away?
- Acclaim - No theme park ride for my novel thanks
Football - You can go to an oilball big hitter for millions and get paid ridiculously, but only play around a third of all games, OR you can stay at low to mid-level within the Premier League, Championship etc where you won’t win as much if anything but your talent will be truly appreciated
- Fame - Sign me up for that sweet Gazprom
- Acclaim - Just the 20k a week will do me