Famous Tank Engines

I’ll start:

Thomas

Gordon

Diesel

Percy

James (I got to choose my brother’s middle name and chose this not because it’s my dad’s middle name, but because it was the name of my favourite tank engine :sparkling_heart: :steam_locomotive: )

2 Likes

Gordon is based on a Gresley LNER A3 4-6-2 engine which unlike Thomas’s LB&SCR E2 class design, I guess it’s still a tank engine though :roll_eyes:

Would be funny* if there was a misunderstanding and your brother’s middle names were Tank Engine.

*Not funny in a real world scenario, of course, that would be stressful and unfortunate at a time of high stress, however if this were not a real situation and perhaps part of a sitcom then I can imagine that with good writing it could raise a wry smile.

2 Likes

The Flying Dutchman

Henry (RIP)

10 Likes

Ivor. Dunno if he was a tank engine as such, but he was definitely an engine and I don’t know what the difference is. I mean, Thomas doesn’t look like much of a tank imo.

Mallard
The Flying Scotsman (actually this is maybe the name of a service not the tank engine)

1 Like

I’ve seen that episode. Serves him right, the vain prick.

2 Likes

These ones have their own colouring book, so are obviously very famous. Their expressions also make them look like they’ve seen some shit, so god knows what the pictures you need to colour in look like:

Ringo Starr

It was a different time

gordon is a tender engine not a tank

3 Likes

Tank engines are locomotives that do not have a tender.

In Thomas the Tank Engine, Percy, and Oliver are also tank engines. The likes of Henry, James and Gordon are not.

The Mallard and the Flying Scotsman are not tank engines.

Flying Scotsman is both the name of the service and the name of a loco.

1 Like

THANK YOU!

I started Googling this, but then got bored by the level of detail and then got distracted by other things.

2 Likes

Thought the tender was for coal and they all had them and the tank bit is about how it stores the water.