• No fan, I said no fan.
0 voters
  • I
  • II
  • III
  • No fan, what is your problem?!
0 voters
  • Fans are great.
  • Fans actually increase the amount of kinetic energy in a room (I am smart) (and I read xkcd)
  • Don’t care. No fan. Leave me alone.
0 voters
  • <ÂŁ20
  • =ÂŁ299 (Dyson Twat)

• NO. FUCKING. FAN.
0 voters

Any other business?

1 Like

just whopped mine out. had a rummage around and found it.

2 Likes

Mines a desk fan but I use it from the floor. It’s blowing on me now. I don’t let it oscillate.

2 fans. Both desk size. One with blades and one digital thing you can put on a timer. GBOF

:+1:

1 Like

Smashing through all of those no fan options was really satisfying. A rare treat in my sad fanless life.

13 Likes

my main fan has the ability to oscillate but i have disabled this function

how to vote in poll please

Same. Luckily I have 2 windows facing opposite sides of the house in my room and live on a huge hill about a mile away from the coast so it’s easy for me to create a cross breeze which is usually more effective than a fan so never bothered getting one. Fucking doesnt do shit on a day like today though

2 Likes

Gor a tower fan with 4 power settings (including a sleep mode with low noise) and an oscillation option, with remote control and timer settings.

Picked it up cheap one Autumn in a sale and it has been the best purchase I have ever made. Might have to go and put a jumper on in a minute.

2 Likes

you’re non-oscillating my friend.

668 on twitter

1 Like

Living room set up

Bedroom set up

1 Like

Currently no fan but I have today ordered a “portable compact personal air conditioning unit” which is essentially a wee cube with a fan in it and a tank for cold water/ice to blow out cooler air.

It will of course not be arriving until Saturday, when the temperature will have dropped.

We’ve got 6 fans (one desk, one stands-up, two floor ones, and two handheld battery ones). Voted no in all the polls though cos I couldn’t accurately give you this infanmation.

2 Likes

Bedroom fan but on a day like today it follows us around the house

Pretty fan-sceptical though. I get the whole “moving air evaporates sweat” thing but other than that it feels like a placebo to me.

I’ll show someone my fan if they show me theirs

You’re meant t to use fans to promote airflow by having them blowing in cool air or blowing out warm air. But keep a constant flow of air around you helps in humid weather regardless of where you the fan. Certainly doesnt cool the room though

2 Likes

Yeah quite but where’s this mythical “cool air” coming from when it’s 29 degrees outside? Shut the windows, close the curtains and suffer through it.