Fancy WFH but from Italy and super cheap?

Of course you do!

1 Like

Yes this is literally what I want to do but (a) I don’t have a job that allows me and (b) fucking brexit

6 Likes

THREAD CLOSED

2 Likes

Shit … I’m really tempted

2 Likes

I’d rather stay in Northants thanks all the same

2 Likes

yeah alright

Could 100% do this.

Very tempting indeed.

2 Likes

definitely gonna be a strong market for these kinds of places

won’t be long before it’s a case of rents being high rather than tempting subsidies imo

2 Likes

Substitute “these Italian towns will pay someone else less to do your job remotely” and it becomes a bit more of a worry.

Probably not enough pubs there tbh.

2 Likes

the idea is definitely great, but more of them starting now (when it’s safer to travel) and coinciding with more local stuff opening up/local in person jobs - isn’t the best combo

that Barbados one from 6 months back, when everything here was closed up tight, now that was the dream …

“To help outsiders find their ideal type of accommodation – be it a cozy stone cottage”

A real home from home for me

2 Likes

Santa Fiora is located in the heart of Tuscan wine country.

All for that, but can I get a pint of mild anywhere? Not interested if not.

2 Likes

What a dream!!!

I was raging that I wasn’t aware of the helsinki scheme a few months ago until after its deadline, would’ve been right up for it. Although they were probably looking for people who are good at their job.

gah that looks/ed cool

thinking of doing wfh in Spain next month as the tv’s parents have sold their apartment there. The new owners take the keys on July 1st and of course the tv’s parents are (despite having had their vaccines) not really fit enough or risk-free enough to empty the apartment themselves

I haven’t had the vaccine myself so I dunno if maybe I’m taking a massive risk going over there but I think I can stay pretty isolated by the pool

Tuscany looks LOADS nicer than Marbella though, might have to download the duo lingo app

11 Likes

don’t get me wrong, I love Spain but there are way too many beery Brits on the costa del sol

and the tv’s parents place is in a kind of Dutch/German/Scandi golf resort that’s an executive retirement type vibe

1 Like