Fantasy Browsing

Trying to work out how the plan works on that, and it looks like the main house has been split into two maisonettes, with the property for sale having a first floor that oversails the ground floor of next door. The front entrance is through the conservatory.

If I was buying a ‘dream home’, I’m not sure that I’d be too fussed about that arrangement.

Yep, I think you’re right. This one has the first floor bay, next door has the ground floor bay.

By ‘not too fussed’ you mean you’d be fine with that, yeah? Or does that arrangement present a particular risk?

So nice it could convince me to live in Swinton (though I bet it’s freezing in winter):

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/121658429

1 Like

I wouldn’t

1 Like

Not a particular risk (it’s definitely less risky in Scotland without the leasehold/freehold thing), but you’d certainly want to make sure that there’s nothing scary in the deeds or any covenants, and that there are no issues with insurances.

I’m just not sure that it’s an arrangement that particularly appeals to me.

It does have good access to public transport…

1 Like

Fair enough. :+1: It’s also in a Conservation Area, which has the potential to be restrictive, I suppose. Possibly some financial obligation for that shared garden bit out to the front, too, as it doesn’t seem to be part of the adopted road extent.

John Outram is having a bit of a revival at the moment, so this is good timing

Found my dream home. Look at that price too.

6 Likes

Been on holiday just near here. Not fancy, it would just suit me perfectly.

2 Likes

spent a couple of weeks in citta di castello a few years back and had a similar thought

1 Like

You’ll need to price in about €10000 of mosquito repellent and mosquito nets & anti mosquito equipment of every type

That’s alright. I am permanently covered in bites even in the UK, I’m every bugs fave meal.

Anyone who’d care to buy this for me, I’ll come prepared in a mosquito ready hazmat suit.

1 Like

You got the original link?

Cant find it :pensive: its an account i follow on insta called cheap nordic homes but they didn’t share any details of it. Such a good account. If i ever find a wad of cash in the back of a cab you can be my locations advisor

1 Like

I found it

Needs a bit of work

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_tear::heart:

My sweet new home. I love you so.

3 Likes

Bunged the address into Google Maps, but it wasn’t found. Found it here, though

15 mins on a bike to the supermarket in Hova, 20 to Hova railway station, with Stockholm a couple of hours away, or 3hrs to Gothenburg, Oslo 7hrs.

A pig breeder and horse riding stables down by the waterside of lake Skagern, 10 mins ride in the other direction. Some casual labour there to keep things ticking over.

Have at it.

1 Like

Just need to find 100% of the cost of it plus relocation fees and I’m all set. Easy

1 Like

Paul Rudolph house up for sale:

https://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/sales/detail/180-l-1180-xwb4zr/21-hycliff-road-north-of-parkway-greenwich-ct-06831

3 Likes