Fantasy cover versions

I would love to hear _____ covering ____ by _____

Someone on our Facebook just said they’ve love to hear NIN covering Carly Rae Jepsen and it got my brain whirring.

Think the first one that feels so right to me would be heading HEALTH cover West End Girls by Pet Shop Boys - the intensity and respect and the synths would be wonderful.

2 Likes

I’ve already expressed my desire for Robbie Williams to do a cover album of Radiohead songs. If I’m being honest, a Robbie and Kylie duet album of My Bloody Valentine covers would also go down nicely.

3 Likes

The sisters of mercy covering Confide in me by Kylie.

3 Likes

Luckily for you Sean your first one near enough exists. And it’s great

2 Likes

I have a strange aversion to mash ups but thank you

Faith No More doing Crazy Horses by The Osmonds

3 Likes

Portishead doing Siouxsie and the Banshees

2 Likes

Cat Power doing this

1 Like

reckon Low doing Cortez the Killer would be good, especially “Double Negative”-style

Seen them do Down By The River, so yeah, that’ll be excellent, but reckon they might have done it already

2 Likes

Alan Sparhawk has a Neil Young tribute act called Tired Eyes. Bet they’ve done it at least.

3 Likes

Have you heard the Tame Impala cover of Confide in Me?

It’s pretty good

1 Like

Also, speaking of Kylie Covers

1 Like

I really want Fresh to cover Good 4 U by Olivia Rodrigo

Since I just discovered it this week through Music League, Moonface’s Dreamland EP: marimba and shit drums being done furiously by The Smashing Pumpkins.

I would like to hear iron Maiden cover if you’re feeling sinister’ by Belle and Sebastian.

2 Likes