FAO fans of Tim Key, Alex Horne, Mark Watson

i like the show but they always have a couple of guests who fail to understand of the concept of some of the rounds for the entire 5 episodes, which is weird

3 Likes

Just watching it now, it’s a goodie. The bit about Hugh Hefner and cushion women had me laughing hard.

4 Likes

So baffling. Gabby and Jeff seem to be the strugglers this week. “Is it… beanie hat?” No, Jeff, obviously fucking not.

2 Likes

Find it so weird when people buzz in and give half the answer which then just gives it away to someone else who understands how a question works.

A couple of my friends have tried doing Answer Smash rounds on Zoom quizzes but a couple of people in the group just cannot get their head around the format whatsoever. Strange.

Comedians always seem to do best on it. I remember seeing an episode or two when Horne was on it and was really surprised he wasn’t getting some easy ones but then I realised he seemed to be hovering over his buzzer embarrassedly trying to let other people have a chance first.

Mentioned it in another thread recently but i enjoyed James Acaster’s story on RHLSTP of being bullied backstage by Anne Diamond for doing too well at it

2 Likes

There’s definitely a lot of generous non-buzzing going on when people realise they could walk every episode. Enjoyed the series recently when Angela Barnes dgaf and trounced everyone in all 5 episodes by a large margin.

I love that James Acaster story. Watching it back, you can clearly separate his mood into pre- and post-being called a dickhead by Ann Diamond.

1 Like

Horne was definitely being polite that whole episode. The show is so awkward, every single time the comedian is leagues ahead of the rest.

2 Likes

Weird seeing the fox jumper on proper TV

1 Like

Nice little set 3 trailer

2 weeks away though

3 Likes

LET’S MEET THE CONTESTANTS

5 Likes

God that music makes me feel 10 years old again

“Ohhh, I’ve typed in motivational theatre” almost made me cry.