Fao Spanish speakers, did I just get sworn at

@ChorizoPasta @nemrac

Spanish neighbour is quite loud in the garden on the phone at night. Asked her over the fence to please keep it down, she muttered something quite vehemently into her phone before answering me while I was going excuse me?? With increasing agitation as she was so loud she didn’t even hear me at first. Caught the word which sounds like conyo which I’m sure was a swear word, Google says coño = cunt in spanish. Just wanna know if I’ve got a new enemy or not

if she said ‘coño’ at you its not really calling someone a cunt. more a rude way of expressing frustration.

like saying ‘fucks sake’

2 Likes

AFAIK yeah it’s a swear word but not as bad as cunt and I don’t think she was calling you “coño”, more like saying “fuck’s sake”, but I’ll defer to the actual Spanish person

3 Likes

Lol well there you go

2 Likes

Thank you both, I will now cease my plans for petty warfare

7 Likes

like, my grandma used to say ‘coño, dejame en paz’ (bloody hell, leave alone) when i was a kid and annoying her.

4 Likes

Unfortunately a lot of Spanish swear words are misogynistic otherwise we could brainstorm some stuff to fire back

2 Likes

thought i’d come up with one just now but no.

they all literally involve genitalia and they’re the mild ones.

2 Likes

and shitting on/in things like milk or gods.

7 Likes

A translator I know did a great twitter thread on Spanish swear words about genitals

3 Likes

Or on dead relatives

2 Likes

My Spanish co-worker always would yell “me cago en dios!”. There was also a curse about pissing on the vagina of the Virgin Mary that I couldn’t remember…

1 Like

¡ Espero que tu burro tenga pulgas !

1 Like

Si

4 Likes

Bit over the top innit?

Such inventiveness. We just have to make do with cockwomble

You never met this guy.

Don’t worry about it, pendejo

tenor (1)

1 Like

It is Thursday