Far out dude, it's Friday

Not gonna lie, starting this thread is scaring me shitless but her we go…

Woke up early due to a combination of my young child, my wife snoring and the baby next door screaming and then my head being a silly fucker and thinking about all the work i have to do. so i’ve been up, actually done some shit but am now on DiS of course!

SO tired. Full of cold and carnage is about to erupt in the house but here we go… :partying_face: :partying_face:

My day will be standard i think. Hoping for some records to turn up and usual school run fun. Plan to read a book on Easter Island later and that’s about it. Need a good idea for dinner also which is tasty, has veg for the kids and is easy! Hit me up.

Trying to keep it punchy to avoid someone else starting the thread!

Take care out there everyone! Looks cold Xx

21 Likes

Always a big fan of someone starting the morning thread who doesn’t normally do it. Good job!

It doesn’t feel like a Friday particularly - I don’t feel like I’ve got my teeth into the working week yet. Not complaining though.

Plans: work all day, make pad thai tonight, watch a film of some description.

9 Likes

Nice morning thread!

Work, yoga, telly, sleep today

West Side Story last night was excellent. Very much dining all day now.

Apparently we are having an outdoor assembly this morning, in the snowy rain at 2 degrees. Excellent

3 Likes

I’m going to say hi at my team meeting this morning and that’s as close as I’m going to work today

2 Likes

Morning!

Glad it’s Friday, though i don’t really feel like I’ve got enough work done for it to be the weekend already.

Also hoping for some post; some poster frames (which would be great as I’ll have time to frame and hang some things this weekend), a 2022 diary and some records. I expect I’ll only get one of these things delivered if any.

Plan for today is: coffee - walk - work - go somewhere nice for lunch (undecided) - work - maybe watch a film - bed early

2 Likes

Morning.

Last night I watched Summer of Soul, and now I want to spend my day listening to The Staple Singers and Sly and the Family Stone.

Taking my eldest daughter for her covid vaccine later (she missed the one at school, as she had covid at the time). I might use it as an excuse to get a chippy tea on the way home.

9 Likes

i would suggest you have to after she is getting a vaccine otherwise you are mean!

4 Likes

Don’t start until 10, so going to get a cheeky walk in before work. Maybe even a coffee and a pastry as it’s Friday. Treat day.

4 Likes

Morning all!

Looks like it’s going to be a reasonable day, so will take the dog for a quick spin after breakfast and then go for a bike ride.

Going to attempt to make a Basque cheesecake this afternoon.

2 Likes

Morning
Made it to the gym at 6am every work day this week :muscle:t2:
I have a shit ton of work and a quilt to finish and wash before I see my friend on Sunday :orange_heart:

6 Likes

Ooh, just realised it’s payday. What unnecessary shit can I spend some money on, I wonder…

Not well going back to bed

Greetings from Hoogy HQ

I’ll be here all day, every day

9 Likes

Morning :blush:

How is it still 3 weeks until payday. Early Xmas pay should be illegal if you’ve not specifically requested it imo.

I’m going to get some work done today and clean the flat and pray a delivery i need comes and go to the post office. BIG laundry weekend ahead.

1 Like

Morning, gonna mess about with my nephew (2)

Then gonna pop in and see a pal who is stuck at home after a hernia op

Then maybe to Saltaire for pints

I was thinking about Saltaire last night. Still never been! Seems a bit of a mission to get to though from here. Would quite like to go and stay there for a night or two sometime.

2 Likes

Uuuuuuuuuuurgh

Hi

Pretty dozy

Yeah guess you’d have to go into Leeds/Bradford first.

I think you’d only really need 1 night tbh unless you wanted to go other places nearby (Haworth or something)

They do like an advent window thing which is quite nice.

My pals are moving there so will be there even more I think

1 Like

Day 8 of Covid Jail and I failed the LFT. I’m in for the full 10. :sob:

I just want to go for a walk.

1 Like