Far out dude, it's Friday

Oh its been snowing

Just listened to Wet Leg for the first time. What a load of old shite. Trying Halsey now, tune in soon for my review.

3 Likes

I’ve lost one of my loop earplugs in the bed and upstairs have been stomping around and banging doors and I think I might murder all of them.

ORRRRR go find my noise cancelling headphones and get to work.

1 Like

Just listening now. It sounds like something I might have heard on a Rough Trade compilation circa 2013. Worthy of a listen on that sort of compilation but probably wouldn’t bother with after that

1 Like

this sort of thing

3 Likes

Noise cancelling headphones are not charged. Bother.

Snow day here. Well, I say that, but my partner (they’re Canadian) has loved here 11 years and still laughs at how shit we are at snow.

Anyway all the fancy BMWs and Audis in the world were stuck our road. Fuck it, all good and telt the school the kids will be home. Now, to “work”.

Sounds to me like something I’d also have hated hearing at Moles in Bath circa 2006 to me.

3 Likes

Woke up to snow covered streets :slight_smile:

I read this as sheets instead of streets and thought for a split second you’d slept outside :laughing:

6 Likes

I read this as sheets instead of streets and just assumed it was a cocaine thing.

3 Likes

I read once that the reason why we’re shit at snow compared to properly cold countries is that our “cold” hovers around freezing point, so the ice repeatedly melts then refreezes, rather than just staying in one state. Also, we only get this weather for a few days a year, and with limited budgets the money is better spent elsewhere

2 Likes

Took today off for some reason, but quite happy about the choice. Of course I then stayed up past 1 watching YouTube so … knackered

Boiled egg shortly then helping mum take down all the decorations etc. Productive day ahead (maybe)!

1 Like

Morning all!

Everyone in our house was quite excited by snow this morning. Those of us on the nursery run were considerably less excited when two police officers had to dig us up an icy hill to get to nursery. A twenty minute round trip has taken ninety minutes.

The hob engineer came to fix our hob but had the wrong serial number and nobody had ordered the parts they’d need anyway so no hob action for us this week.

Hello hello

Housemate is back tomorrow :sob: don’t want to live with someone. Pretty sure I’m gonna move to Porto in the summer cos I could afford to live alone there. Basically I just wanna be closer to @profk

2 Likes

You and @profk will be the founding members of the Northern Portuguese Metropolitan Elite.

4 Likes

This is the earliest I have got out of bed in weeks. Being unemployed blows.

Listening to Good Apollo, I’m Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness for the first time

Silly title

Not sure about this one - at least in Canada, the falling snow is almost always when it’s really cold but they stuff similar refreezing issues.

It’s def this one. The years we have bad winters folk say “oh man, we need to spend more money on being prepared for snow!” and then we spend coin on being prepared and have no snow the same scream “man we spent way too much money on being prepared”

I think what gets them amazed even to this day is how shit we are, as in the public; driving cars with rear wheel power, without snow tyres, and with no due care for the pavements. I mean, they instinctively went outside and shoveled our driveway and the pavement outside our house.

1 Like

My 7 year old said he dreamt i let him take the day off school so we could go get a border terrier puppy. I so wish his dream was our reality today and not…this. so tired. ugh

1 Like