Far out dude, it's Friday

some happy and sad bangers on that album

2 Likes

Today is Orthodox Xmas day isn’t it?

Bloody loved Sons & Daughters. Underrated band imo.

4 Likes

Yesterday and today has been dead quiet for work and Im the only one in.
So yesterday I watched the first 2 Rocky films.
Today I am watching some more. Now halfway through Rocky 4: Rocky Vs Soviet Russia.
The montage just kicked in

Sylvester Stallone Sport GIF by Rocky

1 Like

Smashed lunch today

13 Likes

Working from bed while my boyfriend is doing a job interview in the living room. I’m cold.

Tfw you really need to get ready to leave the house but it’s alll kicking off in the chat

1 Like

Bought my usual beer haul just now from KentishTown. Sat on an outdoor chair having a coffee with Waxahatchee on the earphones.

Heading back home for a day of films as I’ve nothing else to do. Might read a few pages of my book in between films…and might have another dry night despite £65 worth of beer in my rucksack.

Fuck it.
Time for Rocky V

1 Like

Went for a run at lunchtime, and rather then feeling energised from it I just want a nap now. I had one important email to send this afternoon, which I’ve just done, so I think it’s time to start winding down for the week

It’s ok. Probably the weakest one from the six. Rocky Balboa (6th one) is better.

I think we should all thank the combination of Rocky IV (for it’s diplomacy) and Rambo III (direct action) in helping to end Communism in The USSR.

Went for a run at lunchtime, and rather then feeling energised from it I just want a nap now. I had one important email to send this afternoon, which I’ve just done, so I think it’s time to start winding down for the week

1 Like

Oh I am well acquainted - genuinely 100% love the Rocky series.

Yeah its the weakest of them all and a real downer of a film - he’s hit with the double whammy of serious health issues and poverty in like the first 20 minutes and Im glad Balboa finds him in a better way in general.

IV is a bit cheesy but very good imo - I’d like to watch the new version of it Stallone has released. Id also like to see a new cut of 5 but I think that’d be very hard personally on Stallone going through old footage of Sage maybe.

Probably watch Balboa and Creed 1 and 2 another day to finish off my binge of the series.

1 Like

The poverty is slightly Rocky’s fault. I’d give Burt Young $10 to go and buy me a burrito but that’s probably the limit to how much I’d trust him with my money.

1 Like

Work cancelled due to getting a foot of snow last night> this morning. Record listening and food eating all day I reckon.

5 Likes

Classic Paulie!

Yeah its Paulie making bad investments and some shady things the accountant was doing.
Its basically the Rocky series version of the late season Only Fools & Horses - the fortune has been lost somehow.

I mean the bigger plot hole to me is how in V he can’t get a license because of the health and then in 6 its like “well you still have your health issues and you are now a pensioner…GRANTED!” Rocky commenting on the DHSS there :wink:

1 Like

There are some bits in each Rocky film that make me an emotional fool.
The new Mickey scenes in V as well as the amazing bit at the end: “Get up you son of a bitch. Mickey loves ya!”
:cry:

1 Like

pretty much perfect looking poached eggs there ma man :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah. I love the series too. The two Creeds are great; the first one is amazing.

1 Like

They were boiled but I’ll take it! :grinning:

1 Like