Fargo (TV series)

Just finished Season 4. I enjoyed watching it, as I liked the style and feel to it. But it feels like it didn’t really have any proper overall magic to it to make you get bowled over by it. It was fine, and had good moments, but wouldn’t watch it again.

I’m up to episode 4 and it feels like it’s only just hitting the anxious drama points that the other seasons usually got to by the end of their first episodes. It’s a good season overall, but just feels a bit messier and less urgent (I wish there was more focus on the “ordinary” characters caught in the middle than on the gang rivalries)

1 Like

Yeah there are finally some THINGS happening and some big set pieces - but I still don’t know who half the characters are.

1 Like

When I see the little synopses on All4, i have no clue who the character names refer to

Though tbf this is a fairly common thing with me and character names

Often standard for me.

I have got used to googling the TV show on my phone. On their preview page you have that ‘Cast’ button and that just shows you each actor’s face above their character name. Highly important!

(Of course, with anthology shows I forgot this tends to be a clusterfuck.)

“it’s sigh of relief o’clock”

tick tock

1 Like

I’m afraid to google the cast now because it’s already aired in the US - when season 3 was on I googled the cast a couple of episodes in and got a spoiler that Mr Wrench was gonna be in it later

Yeah that is the danger. But I laugh in the face of danger!!!

Lot of street toughs in season 4

1 Like

Yeah, this is my main issue at the moment. I’d like to see more of Ethelrida (who feels like she’s going to be the Molly/Gloria character) but at the moment she’s very incidental to the story and not really involved with the main mob plot line at all.

I am enjoying it but it doesn’t feel very Fargo so far.

2 Likes

Yeah, the idea of all this crazy stuff going on and seeing it primarily through her perspective would be so much better

Yeah I’m afraid it didn’t really change by episode 8 which is when we bailed.

1 Like

Just keep imagining a new gang leader, Mike Wozniak, rocking up on the scene in the final episode with his mohawk

1 Like

I really enjoyed it. Thought episode 9 is brilliant. It looked amazing in black and white shot like a 50s noir film.

1 Like

Ngl things are picking up with episode 5 imo. Things seem to be coming together a bit more and it’s continuing on with the panic of episode 4 a bit, maaan

Pcbe

1 Like

Sure, but

1 Like

As a massive fan of the previous series I’m going to have to watch this…gutted it’s getting such a lukewarm response.

1 Like

Such a good cast too.

1 Like