Fargo (TV series)

felt a little bit more engaged by episode 4. the first 2 episodes i struggled to pay attention to but 3 and 4 have gradually reeled me in slightly more. i’m watching it on Sunday nights as it airs though, cba ploughing ahead for now

Notice that Channel 4 seem to have now permanently bumped it back an hour to 11:00 on Sundays, which implies that they’ve lost interest in it.

1 Like

I sometimes wonder why they put them all on at once if they want people to watch it one a week

Midnight for the next episode! Got to show even more Celebrity Gogglebox and First Dates instead clearly…

just finished it. enjoyed olyphant doing his thing but the rest of it was just a bunch of well made nothing. like, all the constituent parts were really good but they were just assembled in the least interesting way, definitely think you could make a more interesting show out of them with the smutney daughter at the centre

3 Likes

I think it’s probably just a sort of damage control in these instances where they get shows late from the US rather than running them as soon as they can. I guess there might even be a charter thing that prohibits them from making stuff online only due to it meaning a section of the population couldn’t necessarily ever see it, so they just put it up there as a contractual obligation as much as anything else.

1 Like

Finished this last night, just a bit nothing in the end wasn’t it. Really suffers from the lack of a focal point in the Molly/Lou/Gloria mould, there are just too many characters and it’s really hard to care that much about any of them given how little screen time they all get. Thought Ben Whishaw, Chris Rock and Anji White were all very good.

2 Likes

Watched episode one yesterday. Loved it.

Looking forward to ep2 tonight

On the last ep now, I think my argument that this season suffers for being quite diffuse and all over the place is kind of reinforced by how long the “previously on…” bit was

To be honest though, there’s been less of a “ritual” this season watching-wise which has probably contributed to it feeling more muted. Used to watch the others weekly every Saturday night with chips, whereas this has been whenever I had an hour before bed which is a bit less fun and atmospheric.

I’m still holding out for my dream Fargo season

set in the late 1990s about a struggling slash failed musician in the vein of Llewyn Davis, with the slacker noir vibe of Lebowski

1 Like

Up to 5 yes it’s slower than previous but very much enjoying it. Picked up at ep4

1 Like

Think I’ve done 4 episodes of season 4 now. Love the music and it is shot really well. I can imagine it looking very murky and indistinct on some tellys though.

Issues I have so far:

• can’t take Chris Rock seriously in it, and it just feels like Chris Rock in fancy dress
  • the brother with the very intense eyes is just far too comic book (it’s a fine line that coen brothers films tend to land on the right side of)

But I’ll probably see it through.

1 Like

Yeah the brother is just ridiculous. We’re on ep 4, enjoying it so far.

Ok ep 9 was really good

felt a bit like a standalone Coen bros film on its own

Despite not being quite up there with previous series I thought it was great

1 Like

i still feel a lot less invested in this series than the previous ones but the hurricane was excellent

1 Like

Watched the last episode last night. See now why everybody was moaning about it. Just felt a bit pointless. With the exception of the episode filmed in black-and-white, it just didn’t feel much like the previous series of Fargo. Also got a bit over-ambitious with the number of plot strands and characters. The ghost was a strange addition as well.

1 Like

I finished the series not that long ago and I’d completely forgotten about the ghost

Maybe it was an attempt at the UFO moment from s2, which has stuck with me ever since. Beautifully strange moment.

1 Like