Fargo (TV series)

Yeah, this season was quite predictable with the ‘crime gone wrong’ setup and the police officer who takes no shit. Also wasn’t entirely sold on Ewan McGregor. Still a great watch, and funny as fuck

Episode 8/US pace…

holy shit that was an all time classic fargo episode. this season has come right around after a slow start.

looks like S3 may be the last:

Realy enjoyed the sort of film noir meets soft sci-fi third episode.

Episode 3 was weird - No real link to the story at all, but a nice self-contained piece. enjoyed it though.

Mac as a policeman! And then in the bar being a complete dick! :smiley:

1 Like

Haaaa all that stuff he was saying about Facebook was so cringey / douchey!!

:smiley:

“Got to drop the kids off.”
“You’ve got kids?”
“Gonna take a shit!”

7 Likes

This probably should have made me laugh as much as it did :smile:

The episode really reminded me of Barton Fink; anyone else?

1 Like

I confess, I’ve not seen Barton Fink. It seems this ep (from looking it up) makes loads of Coen Bros nods that I’ve missed/don’t know anything about.

I hope they have all the gang on fargo if this isn’t the last season! I want Charlie Day as the baddie!

1 Like

Yeah, there were some obvious echoes there.

Also, Sy Ableman!

It’s probably one of my favourite Coen films and well worth checking out! Top performances from messers John Tutturro & Goodman :thumbsup:

@kiyonemakibi aye Avclub were reeling off the Barton Fink moments - they also mentioned that there were The Man Who Wasn’t There references but its been a good while since I’ve seen that so I didn’t spot them…

haha assumed that was meant to reinforce the 2010 setting

Barton Fink is brilliant, agreed. enjoyed Man Who Wasn’t There but also not seen it for a while.

i didn’t really notice the references other than the hotel bell thing. season 2 went quite heavy handed with the references at times and it feels like they’ve reeled it back a bit so far but i might just not be very good at noticing them

Cool, will do. I really should check out more of their stuff; as I’ve only really seen Fargo, Lebowski, No Country and half of O Brother…

Hotel Bell and the tableau on the beach were the main Barton Fink nods. Loved that episode. (also the most recent US one was superb as well)

wasn’t that into ep 3 myself though everyone else seems to be a fan, some good bits but bored me a little bit overall.

liked the first 2 eps a lot though. i’ve seen a few friends say it’s been a bit average this season or that it’s a bit Fargo-by-numbers. can see the argument for the second point so far but i’ve still been enjoying it for giving me just what i want. might make sense not to keep the show going forever though.

It’s not really on par with Season 2, which I think is outstanding, both in direction, performance and storytelling. Still, really pleased it’s back though. :smiley:

I’m hoping for good things with Shea Whigham in it, because he’s cool in stuff.

My mate’s Firestick and Showbox apps have both gone tits up. If he wanted to watch this and House of Cards somewhere else, what are his best options? He had Netflix once, but he thought it was a bit shit.

i thought season 2 took a while to get going so the early half of the season dragged for me a little bit - the crime family angle didn’t interest me much at first and i wanted more Ed and Peggy, as the ‘ordinary people ending up in over their heads’ is the most appealing bit for me. but obviously it built up to a properly incredible latter half.

so far this season feels quite back to basics and easier to get on with from the start more like season 1, only not quite as good. 1 remains my overall favourite i think cos it was just so consistently great all the way through.