Fargo (TV series)

Mhmm rewatched s3, was much better the second way through. VM Varga is a fantastic villain imo really nothing like any other character before him - his way with words is just insane. Like the scene in the last episode where he Convinces Emitt that the gun has a fingerprint sensor. Still probably my least favourite of the 3 though.

3 Likes

Finally got round to S3, loved it. Proooobably the weakest of the three seasons but it was still brilliant, can’t wait for S4.

Adored Thewlis chewing the scenery, Mary Elizabeth Winstead was fantastic and I will always love Ray Wise. I’ll never change my opinion that Ewan McGregor is a bad actor though.

4 Likes

He is pretty out of place in S3. The accent just doesn’t ever sit quite right for me and

Agreed. But actually enjoyed him in this.

3 Likes

I don’t think he’s bad. He is emotionally convincing which is what’s important, but he isn’t one of those actors who becomes their role, which can be frustrating.

But I prefer him to Tom Hanks, who’s excellent at sinking into a role but has a really limited emotional pallette to work with.

6 Likes

Interested to see what they do, but S3 was a big disappointment

Wait, they mean Andrew Bird the musician? I just thought it was some guy with the same name

No it wasn’t

8 Likes

That is an amazing cast. Don’t think Jessie Buckley has been in anything less than great yet. Can’t wait.

2 Likes

She really is absolutely wonderful. Her performance in War and Peace was beautiful - the pick of the bunch imo, which is really saying something. Calling it now: future Oscar winner.

1 Like

Yeah, no it wasn’t.

1 Like

GET IN! :smiley:

Great stuff.
Also a selection of character names

Odis Weff
Josto Fadda
Oraetta Mayflower
Thurman Smutney
Leon Bittle
Constant Calamita
Ebal Violante
Swanee Capps

Love this show so much

2 Likes

Andrew Bird was born to play someone called Thurman Smutney. Can’t believe one of my all-time fave musicians is going to be in one of my fave TV shows :laughing:

He’s the whistling one isn’t he? Good whistler. I need to listen to more of his stuff.

Season 5 with Bill Callahan as Dwayne Porridge please :pray::pray:

Yep that’s him. I made a primer playlist for a friend before we saw him last month if that’d help?

1 Like