Fast food 'hacks'

Got any good ones?

Mine are:

• Always get the peri tamer chicken in Nandos then can spice it up with some side sauce
  • Add a shot of espresso to a vanilla milko in McDonalds

Your turn!

1 Like

Don’t order a meal, you don’t really want the drink and you can just add a better side than the fries usually

8 Likes

If ordering pakora from a Local Indian, I ask for it without salad. Sometimes they put more pakora in instead.

4 Likes

If in a chippy, look to see what’s in the hot cabinet. Order something that isn’t there.

11 Likes

I do the same at Nando’s, get it cooked in the mango sauce and then put extra hot or that vusa one on the side. Better overall flavour

2 Likes

The drink is my favourite bit of a McDonald’s I think.

7 Likes

rustler’s burgers are fine.

8 Likes

i learned the other day that it’s better value for money to get one big pizza rather than 2 medium pizzas because maths

they are aren’t they! I like to level up by sticking the burger and bacon in the oven and then adding the cheese just before the end. oh and toast the buns of course.

3 Likes

heating up wraps and sandwiches in the oven is so good, all the fridgey misery replaced by oveny niceness

1 Like

Toastie machines that compress parts of the bread into hard bits are the absolute pits. Proper 90s shite. I had a Foreman for a while that was better for it but I tend to use the grill instead. Will need to give using a frying pan a go some time.

3 Likes

main large meal + side 99p burger + side 6 nuggets or equivalent is the perfect quantity of McDonalds.

8 Likes

i find if you liberally cover the bread in butter on the outside and maybe even leave a bit of cheese there, then it goes quite nice and crispy and tasty

5 Likes

Sold.

2 Likes

what is a mcdonalds without a side burger

often get the mayo chicken for this reason.

7 Likes

I’ve revolutionised my toastie game - but you need a pan that can go in the oven

Brown the toastie on the hob on one side, then flip and put the pan straight in a 180 degree oven for 5 minutes

Then thank @grievoustim for making toasties better for you

don’t buy prepackaged sandwiches if a deli is available - buy a crusty roll or baguette, go to the deli and buy the exact quantity of sandwich filling you want. probably works out the same price.

5 Likes

Not as convenient for an ‘on the go’ situation though.

Fine if your having a picnic or whatever, but you can’t sit there on the train ripping a baguette up.

1 Like
3 Likes

do this often, its really easy. use a plastic bag as a work station.

3 Likes