Fast food 'hacks'

I’ve even done this walking to places. just stop for a minute, tear the bread open, and stuff the fillings in. off you pop to your next business meeting.

3 Likes

and start again

4 Likes

the soup that is often advertised as kebabies is usually quite tasty and filling and very cheap.

After watching Chef (don’t mind me a bit of a Favreau vanity project when the music is good and the food looks tasty), I would never eat a non-frying pan toastie again:

5 Likes

Fries > Milko interface

1 Like

Get an apple pie from McDonald’s, get some sweet curry sauce from McDonald’s. Dip.

2 Likes

genuinely don’t think I’d ever tried hummus until I went to uni at 18. was only 2008 too so not like it was something wildly new.

2 Likes

Fucking hell

6 Likes

How unusual!

I only tried actual good hummus for the first time in like… 2018. assumed it was all horrid, realised it was just most supermarket stuff that was horrid.

1 Like

You’re allowed to say no when they ask you if you want your Subway toasted. It’s often better untoasted.

3 Likes

remember having fajitas for the first time aged 19 - one of those old el paso kits. was like ‘this is the height of sophistication’

6 Likes

Also the Subway cookies are really nice, in a kind of cheap (not cheap) and nasty (not nasty) way.

6 Likes

find them more or less inedible if not toasted. the heat seems to make the sugar in the bread a bit better.

1 Like

Don’t bother getting chips from your local chippy - go to Belgium instead, where the chips (or ‘frites’ as they call them) are far superior.

21 Likes

Butter > mayo on the outside. Dunno where that fad got started but I hate it. “I know what’ll make this taste better - hot mayonnaise.” Nah I’m good cheers.

4 Likes

@still_here is an inflammatory saboteur and their comments should be immediately disregarded.

5 Likes

There aren’t many McDonald’s in motorway service stations but there are loads of McDonald’s that are just near motorways.

did you not have much experience of non-Brit cuisine?

would’ve thought you’d experienced some authentic N. Portugese stuff and been able to extrapolate that fajita kits weren’t authentic Mexican

(not that there is any similarity between the two, just in terms of not being a typical sheltered Brit)

1 Like

Yeah, to be fair, mayo is a bad move, but salted butter on the outside (oh yes)…

2 Likes