3. Aldous Harding
1 Like

Roy Montgomery
The Clean
The Bats
Aldous Harding
Conan Mockasin

2 Likes

Can anybody remember the name of the band Zane Lowe was in prior to becoming a DJ?

Unknown Mortal Orchestra
Ulcerate
Lorde
Jakob
Aldous Harding (clutching at straws for this last one a bit)

Oh shit!!!

*Aldous Harding OUT

BEASTWARS IN

1 Like

The clean
The chills
Bailter Space
The dead c

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve done some googling. This was Zane’s band…

crowded house are OZTRAYAN! :wink:

split enz
shihad
lorde
marlon williams
fur patrol

Wow.

1 Like

Roy Montgomery
Tamaryn
The Bats
The Chills
The Clean

2 Likes

Yes.

Um, what?

1. Straitjacket Fits
  2. Headless Chickens
  3. Fazerdaze
  4. Lorde
    =5. The 3Ds, The Naked and the Famous, Split Enz, Ladyhawke,

Clearly I need to add more safety winks to my humourous hot takes.
I haven’t even made my list yet.

1 Like

Colour me completely got.

I really thought the Keith Urban bit would tip it over :smiley:

how come you’ve done africa and the caribbean as single entities, yet not australasia? australia and new zealand get their own thread and africa is lumped together. if australasia is worth two threads for music, africa is worth at least four.

3 Likes

This thread isn’t list 5 artists from a specific country. It’s list your 5 (up to 5) FAVOURITE acts from a specific country. I would think that Most people on these boards are not going to have more than 5 favourite artists for Ghana, Central African Republic, Angola, Morocco etc. I felt it was easier to do a top 5 for the whole continent. If you would like to do a different African nation every week. Be my guest. For a start I do this as a bit of fun and I work full time. Incidentally I could easily name 5 acts from New Zealand but I don’t like any of them hence I haven’t voted.

Africa is a continent… Think there’s a difference between going though every African country and treating it as a homogenous whole. That simply ignores the wealth and diversity of music available. Of which, I kinda thought it was the point of threads like this to appreciate.

1 Like

you had been doing list 5 artists from a specific country, until you got to africa and the caribbean. seems disingenuous to be saying, for example angola. i could just as well say vanuatu for australasia, where you have seperated out the continent. you haven’t voted for new zealand, but you chose to separate it off as a country.
this is a public forum, don’t know if by saying you do this for fun, you mean i shouldn’t give an opinion.