Favourite album intros

These songs need to clearly be intros to an album and not just opening tracks
I always loved this introduction, basically just singing the credits.

Theme for the birth of a musical universe

9 Likes

Ohhhh-pen the curtains…

8 Likes

These can only be intros, they perfectly set up Black Love and Gentlemen.

4 Likes

Even if it had a different title, this only works as an intro to an album.

6 Likes
16 Likes

And some more Greg Dulli. He’s basically the best at writing opening tracks that can only serve as album introductions. This one sets the stage for Twilight as Played by the Twilight Singers and all of its sadness.

2 Likes
9 Likes
4 Likes

The Fall are great at this.

(Not actually the first track on the album, but the opening words ‘We are The Fall. Northern white crap that talks back’ is the best statement of intent on a debut album ever)

2 Likes

Actually forget my previous posts, it’s clearly this one

JUST YOUR FAVOURITE DJ SAVIOUR

(Something)

1990s

SMILE ON YOUR FACE LIKE ULTRABRITE

12 Likes

Find it kinda sweet hearing some guys in their 30s in a then unknown, part time band kicking off what was going to be their swansong with the sound of a fantasy gig where a fictional crowd chants their name (before launching into a absolute epic of an opening track)

Even sweeter that IT ALL CAME TRUE IN THE END

6 Likes

The one at the start of Full Collapse by Thursday

2 Likes
3 Likes

‘So there was this woman and she was on an airplane…’

10 Likes

I almost didn’t post this one because it does it in a different way than the others, but Teeth Like God’s Shoeshine can only be an album intro. Sticking it in the middle or at the end of the album would weaken its impact - I love how it pretty much drops you right into suffocating, sets the tone for the whole album, and then leaves you wanting more by slamming the brakes after that ridiculous second half.

Probably the best track one on any album ever.

5 Likes

I get the sentiment but its not an album intro, just a perfect opener :wink:

Let’s Eat Grandma - Whitewater

3 Likes

“They told me that the classics never go out of style but they do, they do…somehow baby, I never thought that we would do”

8 Likes

Hmm, for me it’s a really jarring opener and doesn’t really fit - it’s almost a barrier to listening to an album that is one of my top two of last year.