Favourite Black Flag song?

This is a firm favourite of mine too. Slip It In has so many great tracks! Lotta love for these two:

Edit: Quite like the Dirty Projectors interpretations too @ericthefourth

2 Likes

Also love how menacing Henry sounds all over Family Man, particularly this:

maybe Damaged 1, though I dunno

Don’t think I’ve ever heard one. What am I like eh? lol.

Rise above and Six pack have two of my favourite intros of all time

So one of them probs.

1 Like

Rise above is the best song to play in a band. When I was in a rock group, we used to do a few takes at the start of practice to ‘warm up’.

2 Likes

@profk Was that you a couple of years ago on New Year’s Eve at a pub in Islington who ran onto the dance floor deliriously happy when I scratched the needle across Bohemian Rhapsody, took it off the turntable and threw it on the floor, instructing everyone to stomp it to pieces, before sticking on TV Party? I seem to remember him looking like you.

2 Likes

:grinning:

no, but I know what I need to do now.

1 Like

that was Corbyn

2 Likes

Another vote for Jealous Again.

2 Likes

My war

Wasted is probably my favourite, then a toss up between Louie Louie and Nervous Breakdown, then Six Pack.

I’m not sure I’ve ever listened to Black Flag.

Where to start?

Looking at everyone’s picks above, you might get a varied response, but Damaged is the album I’d suggest first, or Wasted… Again which is a pretty good compilation (and the first Flag record I bought way back when).

1 Like

I have to point out that I had just bought new needles. The Queen record was played using one of the old ones before I chucked it. Then a new needle inserted into the cartridge before that turntable was used again. It was well planned. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fuck Rollins

1 Like

I’ve only got Damaged and First Four Years, so I’d say both of them.

I read in Our Band Could Be Your Life they went a bit nuts on the other albums, (half-spoken word, half instrumental weirdness) so I didn’t bother.

1 Like

Not a fan of Rollins as a bloke but he’s the best singer in Black Flag by a massive distance

boring but it’s Nervous Breakdown m8s

lol what, Mike V the skater is their singer now?

Reunion’s not gone well