Favourite Boozy Beverages

Sounds wonderful but I know from painful experience how expensive heavy postage is…

1 Like

Beer: really difficult choice, i guess either one of those cloudy craft type ines they sometimes have in the Nags Head, or a continental wheat one of some variety.
Cider: don’t drink much cider these days, I’d still enjoy a sesh on the Exhibitions at the Corrie Tap, though.
Red Wine: need to drink those old wines on the rack downstairs some time, never find the reason though. I hooe they’re good.
White Wine: i also like a nice vinho verde, but as nose turning as it is to wine purists, a really good Marlborough SB is really easy to enjoy.
Port: idk, something filtered and vintage. A handsome man in a cape showed us round the Sandemans port house once, had some nice ones there.
Whisky : I think i like them peated, but i don’t know which ones, i like most. Been ages since I had nice Whisky.
Gin: no idea, some are definitely nicer than others, though.
Rum : Diplomatico, i think or for a spiced one, Rumbullion
Liqueur: i guess Kahlua, or amaretto or maybe hazelnut Soplica or pear soplica can be nice with honey JD and ginger ale, if you’ve got a sore throat.

Yeah me too. Couple of bottles and a miniature shouldnt be too bad though.

What have you got then? I prefer things at the sweeter end, and not a fan of sharper berries.

Elderflower & cucumber, pear & mint, pear & peach, pink grapefruit & pineapple, strawberry & lime and mixed berries. Also got a few Midwinter Spice left, they’re pretty good.

All sound great bar the mixed berries. Want to do a swap - I’ll send you local Scottish confectionery/ cakes in exchange for a cider or two?

I’m supposed to be off all that for a while for diet reasons but you can owe me some!

Beer Big Wave golden ale is my winner atm but any IPA that isn’t too hoppy is fine.
Cider None. Can’t stand the stuff.
Red Wine Pretty much any that isn’t a Merlot. Love Malbec and Rioja.
White Wine Not a fan
Gin - Pretty much anything that’s not Gordons
Rum - Anything from Central America. Love 7 year Flor de Canna.
Whiskey - Have a fondness for Jameson’s but love anything that isn’t too peaty.
Port Just serve it with cheese.
Liqueur There’s a lot to be said for for a cold glass of Baileys.

Much love here for the Co-Op Irresistible Gin too, as well as Copper House. Gorgeous stuff :slight_smile: Didn’t think of cocktails when making the list, it’d probably be a margarita, tequila sunrise or raspberry martini.

If we’re doing cocktails too then a negroni or a white russian. Not really into them at all tbqfh.

I really really like a dark lager. Discovered them on a holiday in Prague years ago, but they are hard to find over here. Tesco used to do the Budvar Dark, and there was a Brewdog seasonal one but they’ve dried up. Anyone who can tell me where I can source a decent one at a reasonable price is guaranteed a like.

Beer: DEYA - Into The Haze. Tap, can, don’t mind - just pour it into my face forever
Cider: I’m from the west country so pretty much grew up on cider. Burrow Hill medium dry for me, Clive
Red Wine: The best red wine I’ve ever had was a Margeaux. No idea which one but I’ll just have a load of Margeaux please
White Wine: Cloudy Bay is it? Got a bottle for my birthday a few years back. That was nice
Gin: Not a massive fan. Dorset Conker gin is nice though
Rum: Nope. No thanks. Pass. No.
Whisky: It’s a bourbon but I’m quite partial to Bulleit
Port: Bought a bottle of Krohn for a friend once. He said it was really good, so that
Liqueur: No thanks but if you’re making a cocktail I would love a whisky sour

on beer, cider, whiskey you are absolutely wrong

on red wine, white wine and port i’m in full agreement :+1:

rum: dunno, had a few nights that got out of hand with captain morgans in my last year of uni and never really went back in that direction

liqueur: baileys is awesome although i never drink it on its own i always have a massive amount of it in coffee or tea :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Beer: really hard to narrow this down! For everyday drinking something like The Kernel’s Pale Ale, a good Imperial Stout for something fancier.
Cider: Oliver’s Cider do some really nice stuff, but I’m not a huge fan in general.
Red Wine: a nice Montepulciano d’Abruzzo, but I only really drink wine with food.
White Wine: Gruner Veltiner, again with food.
Port: not really a fan. The TV brought back a white port from a trip to Porto that’s really nice, but can’t recall the brand.
Whisky: Nothing too peaty, prefer a Speyside like a Dalwhinnie or Glenrothes
Gin: like spicy notes over anything too heavy on the Juniper. Opihr is my favourite widely available one
Rum: not really my thing.
Liqueur: Limoncello
Bourbon: Blanton’s

Really enjoy Mezcal but wouldn’t profess to know the first thing about it! If I’m having a cocktail then something that’s basically just a slightly altered double shot of booze (Margarita, Sazerac, Old Fashioned, etc.).

Beer: Budvar dark if I can find it, or hoppy IPA like Saltaire Cascade IPA
Cider: Henney’s dry cider
Red Wine : This one here (which you can’t seem to buy anymore) In demand: Asda's Chilean Malbec crashes website after platinum best in show win: DWWA 2016 - Decanter
Bourbon: Buffalo Trace
Gin: Plymouth
Liqueur: Kahlua

Beer: Go to is usually Sierra Nevada. Quite like the Hoffbrau Dunkel. Duvel.
Cider: No preference.
Red Wine : Malbec or Rioja
White Wine: don’t drink a lot, suav blanc maybe?
Port: like it but have no preference
Whisky : Lagavulin 16
Gin: Shetland Reel
Rum : Diplimatico Mantuano
Liqueur: Kalhua I guess? Make the odd white russian or espresso martini.

Imagine not liking rum, the only spirit with actual flavour. Fucking potty bunch o’ nobheads, imho.

1 Like

Big fan of spiced rum with a splash of coke.
Diplomatico and Plantation XO are probably the best two rums I’ve had overall.

Outside of that, Sierra Nevada or a nice pale ale for me.