Favourite Coen brothers movie?

Tough one; think I’d be hard pushed to choose between Fargo and No Country for Old Men.

Never been able to pick a favourite. Varies between Miller’s Crossing, Fargo, The Big Lebowski and A Serious Man.

Fargo by at least 7000 miles

Really hard to choose.

Think Fargo is the best blend of all the signature elements (humour, characters, genuine suspense, showing us something we’ve not seen before)

Same here.

Fargo & Lebowski speak for themselves. Miller’s Crossing is a lost classic, the dialogue is just wonderful. And A Serious Man I realise is not quite so obvious in terms of mainstream acceptance but I think is really special.

easily Fargo. Barton Fink at number 2.

Like to pretend it’s Barton fink or blood simple, but it’s actually Miller’s crossing.

Get ready to be angry…

Intolerable Cruelty

Honourable mentions for The Man Who Wasn’t There, No Country for Old Men & True Grit.

Inside Llewyn Davis tbh

1. Fargo
  2. Blood Simple
  3. Burn After Reading

O brother

Oh this as well. I LOVE that film.

I hate films but this made me feel something which is an achievement. The rest did not.
Blood Simple looks like it was made for a college project but it was sort of fun so I suppose that comes second.

Si Ableman might be their most underrated character. “Larry…we’re going to be fine”.

1. Fargo
  2. Raising Arizona
  3. O Brother Where Art Thou

True grit

The Big Lebowski. One of my all-time favourite films of anything, mostly because I like the characters.

Miller’s Crossing
Fargo
Barton Fink