Favourite film scenes

Watched a guy sleep and snore through the entirety of this scene - and most of the film, tbh - when the Barbican had a huge video games exhibition in (just looked it up and fuck me I feel old now) 2002. There were 10/12 people in there. The longer he slept, the more we were willing him to make it through the whole thing. (He did.)

1 Like

AAAAAHHHH, how could i not put this one first, it was my absolute favourite as a child, I would sing and dance along to this when no one was around in my living room :blush: AMAZING. (blues brothers too obvs, but it’s already been mentioned, this might have too but I have nooo idea)

2 Likes

Best 5 musicals:
Blues Brothers
Sister Act
Muppets Christmas Carol
Grease
South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut.

1 Like

I’ve been completely unsettled by that actor in the Mulholland Drive diner scene whenever I’ve seen him in anything else because of that.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s such a gorgeous film to look at.

12 Likes

Only saw this the other day. Woah.

Great bit of scene

I know that the sad scenes get all of the attention in Up, but this is the best scene in the film. I grinned all through this bit in the cinema:

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
5 Likes

Reckon i watch this once a week. The way Bam goes down gets me every time

Love it when they all get up on stage at the end

4 Likes

GET OUT OF THE TAXI AND FIND THE FUCKING CAT!

3 Likes

pretty much every scene with dennis farina in it from get shorty. one of my absolute all time favourite performances.
‘Fucking airport’
:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

‘They say the fucking smog is the fucking reason you have such beautiful fucking sunsets.’ :smiley:

1 Like

it’s a fucking masterclass in obscene attitude problem. love it. one of my favourite films. Farina totally elevates it.

1 Like

The Security guard scene in Mike Leigh’s Naked.

2 great ones there; the Rey/Kylo fight in Imax 3D on opening night was some of the best few minutes i’ve ever had in a cinema. I must check out the 3D blu-ray and see if it stands up, somehow the snow appeared to be falling a good few feet in front of the actual fight, it was extraordinary.

1 Like