Favourite hangover meals

^ Sometimes gets a tin of soup, heats it up, poaches an egg in it, serves with a pork pie and a sausage roll.

1 Like

ristorante-pizza-speciale-pizza-und-snacks

Washed down with one fizzy drink and one beer.

A medium-sized pork pie that must have very crunchy pastry.

And sweet tea.

Now I’ve realised that quorn sausage patties aren’t disgusting and fit perfectly in an English muffin, and been reminded that I have a chef ring of the requisite size, it will be veggie (non-mc)muffins

2 Likes

Is it just me who really struggles to eat when hungover? I always hear people talking about fry-ups and other big meals as hangover cures, but I’m likely to just end up throwing it back up.

Which means I’m hungover and hungry, which is a miserable combination.

1 Like

or huevos rancheros.

I use black coffee as a barometer these days. First one goes down pretty badly granted but if the second sits well then fry me a river.

1 Like

i know i’m really hungover if I can’t face a coffee and have to have a tea first as a kind of caffeine starter

1 Like

never heard it called etc…

3 Likes

Yeah the black coffee thing can backfire if you are sick mind, end up like Limmy in his Balamory rip off.

Yeah I can only just about face dry bread or the plainest cereal possible when I’m really hungover.

If I’m just a bit iffy then my go to is a fried egg sandwich, except instead of bread it’s two potato waffles done in the toaster.

Cold pizza

Haggis Burrito/quesadilla takeaway

If it’s a proper hangover there’s no way I’m making myself anything.

Parents: when hungover, do you:

• Grit your teeth and pretend like nothing’s wrong
  • Stay in bed and pretend to have some kind of relatable illness e.g. tummy ache
  • Tell your children that you’ve been out on the sauce the previous night
  • Some other option (please give details)

0 voters

Though I’m pretty sure I’ve probably said something feeble like “Daddy doesn’t feel very well”. Don’t really drink to hangover proportions now, but did a few weeks ago and had to take the child to visit my gran in her care home. Fucking hell, that was a difficult hour.

1 Like

Spicy, salty fried eggs

I can’t really face anything if I’m too hungover. a bacon sandwich for moderate hangovers.

I used to try and hide it - but my kids are old enough to handle the truth now

I don’t tend to get such bad hangovers that I’m rendered useless for the whole day or anything. I’ll usually just go along with what the rest of the family are doing, and just tough it out til the girls’ bedtime. And then go to bed at 9.

Water
Coffee
Andrews