Favourite Spielberg film

Mine’s E.T.
I just love that little guy

2 Likes

Jurassic Park!

13 Likes

Yeah that one :t_rex:

Jaws for me. It’s a really terrific film, although ET is a very close second as it’s also a really terrific film

5 Likes

Close the thread, it has peaked.

Jaws or Close Encounters I think

Throw in ET & Raiders of the Lost Ark, dude was on a roll there for a while

2 Likes

that steven spielberg sure knows how to direct a film, i’ll tell you that for free

2 Likes

This is very generous of you

3 Likes

He made that comedy that doesn’t exist around that time too, but as it doesn’t exist we can overlook it (I’ve certainly never seen it)

2 Likes

Jurassic Park which is also my favourite film ever since I first saw it at a kid, best film :t_rex::sauropod::herb:

2 Likes

Oh wow I don’t think I’ve ever seen any of these from start to finish except for Tin Tin. Feels like a weird cultural blind spot. Reckon I’ve seen about 80% of all the others in bits on the TV.

Got to be War Horse

I just love that little horse

3 Likes

The Little War Horse That Could

1 Like

Remember Catch Me If You Can? That was an enjoyable film. Not his best one, but I thought I’d give it a mench.

14 Likes

I just checked my Letterboxd and mine is also ET which I awarded 4.5 stars

Good job I granted that extra .5 because there were too many of his in the 4 star bracket that would have made for a difficult decision!

Nice to see the raw data confirming what I already suspected

2 Likes

Saw 1941 as a kid and enjoyed it hugely.

I imagine it’s racist as hell if watched now.

There was a lad at work who was in his early 20s who put it as his “Favourite Film” on an intro to the team thing that we have and I found that very charming.

2 Likes

Jaws but Jurassic Park and The Last Crusade very close seconds.

He’s really a fucking immense filmmaker, so many good films.

2 Likes