Favourite YouTube channels

Seems like I watch more YT than TV lately, so always on the lookout for good new suggestions. Please RTF!

• Channel name
  • Genre / description
  • Example video
1 Like

Max Fosh
Comedy

Binged most of his vids last night, quite samey but big fan of his persona and drunk idiot students saying stupid stuff

1 Like

Literally never got into YouTube in this way. Think I’m officially too old

5 Likes

Annoyance at the posh twats in that video was outweighing the mocking of them, so only made it a minute into that

2 Likes

pcbe

Very fair, he has ones with less posh students which equally amuse me

@tilty would you like to get into YT more, or are you happy leaving it for the whippersnappers?

remember when youtubers couldn’t make hour long videos. I dont’ have that kinda time, man

1 Like

I’m well into TikTok which I think makes me down with the kids. Just find YouTube vids especially very self aware and cringe.

The leftwing gamer ones

Slayd5000

just an amazing vinyl collection & all the best music from about 1972 to 1988 (disco, soul, electro funk, freestyle etc)

More so than TikTok? Is it Opposite Day today?

I guess comedy ones are basically sketch shows chopped up into their individual scenes, so they have all the issues that come with sketch comedy too

Also, I watch a SHITLOAD of synth demos and they’re almost invariably shite apart from maybe Mylar Melodies

Tom Scott does some excellent wee educational vids

6 Likes

Also did this which I still love - it’s fun to see Youtubers content and style change over time (often for the worse but sometimes just changing their focus)

4 Likes

Shesez (and others)
Gaming

extreme nerdery but basically people breaking games and wandering around outside the boundaries. i find these really oddly fascinating for games I’ve played a lot.

Youtuber news

News about YouTubers. a bit like popworld but less good.

Let’s Game It Out can be fun for that too, cried with laughter at this one

Tom Scott and some dude who does bass/jazz theory stuff are basically all I subscribe to. Everything else seems to be Nazis yelling.

Lindsay Ellis does some really good video essays about film and TV

4 Likes

this sounds relevant to my interests, what are these

Her and Every Frame a Painting do the best film content

3 Likes