Feathers and bricks

Used to live next to Fareham. Once locked mum’s car keys inside the car when we were going shopping there.

if you were to ask me which I would prefer to have dropped on me from a height I would ALWAYS go for feathers. ALWAYS.

You could offer me TWO tonnes of feathers versus ONE tonne of bricks and I’d still say feathers.

3 Likes

didn’t ask

ok, but if you did

A brick landed on my head once in May 1994, I used to tell people my sister threw it at me but really it was a result of my own exuberance.

right

Your sister threw a brick at your head for being an exuberant prick?

3 Likes

What’s best

• Bricks
  • Feathers

0 voters

reckon a ton of feathers isn’t even a possible amount to get

What happened was that we used to have a climbing frame and my sister would put a sheet over it to turn it into a house but I would still like to operate as if it was a climbing frame. One day it was very windy so we popped a brick on top of the sheet to keep it in place but, whilst doing one of my very cool and exuberant dismount moves (a kind of roly-poly round one of the top horizontal bars followed by a dive to the ground) I took the sheet and the brick with me and the brick landed on my head and blood went everywhere and my Mum (who gave birth to a baby just days later) had to drive me and my two sisters to A&E.

I always get Fareham confused with Farnham confused with Farnborough. It’s a constant state of confusion, and is preventing me from being able to fully imagine that happening where it happened. Instead I’m thinking about it happening in the car park of Bicester Tesco.

2 Likes

I reckon I could get you a ton of feathers if you gave me enough time

1 Like

I see why you blamed your sister now.

3 Likes

@eems @meths any thoughts on any of this?

2 Likes

I would be willing to wait a lifetime.

1 Like

I’ve got a real fondness for bricks and I don’t really care about feathers all that much

I might be slightly biased. As a child I was warned not to play with feathers, for they could have diseases, where I was actively encourage to play with bricks, receiving, as i did, a number of different Lego sets for birthdays and Christmases.

This is gonna cost me a fortune

1 Like

God bless. Patience is an attribute seen all too rarely in this day and age.

Suppose I could just buy a lot of pillows