Featuring J Mascis

I did see Gumball live but that’s the limit of my recollection.

1 Like

what was so bad?

Just the whole show didn’t work and Kevin was just kind of annoying. It’s hard to remember exactly was off but I haven’t listened to them since. It was mostly Spirit If stuff if I remember correctly.

One of my old bands getting compared to Gumball was one of the best compliments of my life. Great band.

This post paid for by PROF$.

Another unmistakably J solo at the climax of this great song by criminally underrated Thalia Zedek from Come

3 Likes

Yeah ATP Explosions was one of my favorite ever festivals and was a fan of BSS…still am…but this was a bit messy and sporofic if i recall rightly…i really like their last lp and the first two of course but the third and fourth just didnt connect and this was round that time

2 Likes

The last Kestrels album is a really good crossover between shoegaze and US indie rock…J plays and has a positive influence on proceedings …in most cases i like his involvements…as above: see buffalo tom for the guitar but its actually the vocsl harmonies on the breeders and mew that affect me the most

1 Like

Never been much of a fan of him, or Dinosaur Jr.
A couple of years ago I ended up listening to Several Shades of Why pretty much by accident and loved it. It’s become my go-to album now for when I’m feeling down. Dunno why, just something light and airy about it that puts my brain somewhere else.

1 Like