February Film Thread

I watched Eighth Grade last night. Somehow, the most relatable film character I’ve ever seen is a teenage girl at an American middle school who makes self-help vlogs. Elsie Fisher’s performance is utterly fantastic - you know what’s going through the character’s head with every expression, every nervous tic, every garbled half-sentence. I was beaming with happiness when something good happened to her and a tear in my eye when something bad happened. This should be called Empathy: The Movie. Loved it.

5 Likes

watched Nobody’s Daughter Haewon

fizzles out. weird Jane BIrkin cameo

Matthew Fox was in Vantage Point, which almost certainly doesn’t exist:

He was also written out of World War Z when it was rewritten during production, so ended up only having one line.

Edit: Fucked this one pals

1 Like

How are you seeing this already??

thought that was a joke version someone had made

1 Like

Yhea never meant the crappy content, I was just amazed that someone would put out a pretty important message looking like that. It’s aesthetically offensive

This has been out on VoD in the US for ages already, so not hard to get your mitts on

how are people making memes with single coloured text in 2019

1 Like

Not the most legal approach. I’d not seen a UK release date, so assumed it wasn’t getting one?

Mid April but that’s a huge disconncent from the American one so I get your approach.

i watched this in December i think, think it was released ages ago in the US

Aha! Glad it is getting one. I’ll definitely be heading to the cinema to see it. It’s baffling that it’s been out in the US since July and not made it across here!

We watched this the other week too.

It was pretty bad.

Yeah and Bo Burnham definitely has a decent global fanbase so I wouldn’t have thought it would be too hard to market it here with his name attached …

1 Like
1 Like

I didn’t think it was bad, and was enjoying it to start but it just got a bit dull

I’m ill so I’ve been watching kids’ films. Just watched How to Train Your Dragon. Cute with some clichés (main character nearly dying but not). Overall good but their faces where a bit on the square side.

I still reckon that losing a leg is pretty gnarly for a kids film, even if it’s not a big deal given the context

The character design let’s that series down a bit I reckon. Makes it seem quite run of the mill compared to the actual content.

I can’t wait to see Burning again. Thought about it every day since seeing it. What a great film.

1 Like