February Film Thread

Watched Kotoko this weekend - J horror/drama directed by Shinya Tsukamoto (Tetsuo Iron Man etc)

Story about a single mother losing grip on reality.

A pretty tense and uncomfortable watch, but really well crafted.

3/5

I only really want to know if he did it or not

Thoroughly enjoyed The Breaker Upperers, a lil gem of a NZ comedy that was just added to Netflix. Some proper belly laughs in this along with the odd tender moment.

1 Like

Nope, sorry.

Post count +1

1 Like

Green Book - It’s a “crowd pleaser” I guess innit. Not as offensively white-guy-solves-racism as the trailer made it look and the two performances are really good. Extremely 6/10 though.

Happy Death Day 2U - The definition of an unnecessary sequel. The first one was so good and charming and fun and Jessica Rothe was great in it, this was a real slog though with a stupid central plot to retroactively “explain” the first film. Waste of everybody’s time.

1 Like

Worldwide box office for the Best Picture nominees - though obviously Roma has had just limited cinema screenings since it came out

Black Panther - $1.35 billion
Bohemian Rhapsody - $854 million (currently)
A Star is Born - $421 million
Green Book - $126.4 million (currently)
BlacKkKlansman - $90.1 million
The Favourite - $76.7 million (currently)
Vice - $58.1 million (currently)
Roma - $3.8 million

1 Like

Do i need to have seen the first and second murders? Etc

Quite enjoyed Mary Queen of Scots - good mix of pomp, betrayal and off camera bumming which is all I ask for of a Sunday evening.

Somewhat alarmed by a trailer for a trailer of the Downtown Abbey film. I hate this country.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/JeremyTiang/status/1097144434544820225

5 Likes

watched Charade (1963) over the weekend. Good fun that

Films I watched this weekend

Sicario 2 was fine I suppose, good in that I didn’t know what was coming next, but the plotting was pretty daft and nonsensical

the Breaker Upperers on Netflix . Charming and good, ran out of steam a bit at the end but no complaints

The Witch good stuff. The kids were very impressive indeed in this

Watching Downtown Abbey is like having a big warm hug. Can’t wait.

Downtown Abbey - now that’s a show I’d like to see

2 Likes

watched The Hate U Give and started to write a post about it but now its gone

@TKC at the end of the third murder i had fallen aslleep and didnt get too see it yet

1 Like

Excellent!

Currently watching Piercing. Just to let you know

Disappointing that

Watching Free Solo and all I can think about is Nathan For You

1 Like

This was quite interesting

2 Likes