February Football Thread: Champions Elect

So the transfer window banged shut yesterday. Count how many times you hear that said. Truth is it simply whimpered.

1 Like

Youri Tielemans signing for Leicester on loan is weird. Thought he was guaranteed to be at a squid by 21

Fulham had a glimmer of a hope of survival but now the bats man has signed for Roy’s tyranid army and we have been relegated

1 Like

Been playing every game for Monaco, though they’ve been awful. The whole Adrien Silva thing was weird eh

One of the classic small enjoyments of the transfer window is sifting through and finding out who still technically plays for Chelsea. Baba Rahman, this time.

Lucas Paizon was on the bench last week!

1 Like

No longer when you look up Newcastle’s record transfer fee will it say “Michael Owen”, thank the lord

2 Likes

Got Lazar Markovic and his bewildering eyebrows though.

1 Like

Where is Janet jazzy jazz jam nowadays???

(England’s great hope)

Respectable mid table La Liga career, unfortunately. Looked like he’d either be a Utd starter or playing in the Finnish 2nd league a couple years ago

Thought we were talking about Bebe here

I did hope the next word in the headline was going to be Tart when I clicked on it

9 Likes

I’ll hopefully be seeing Rayo Vallecano in late March when i head to Madrid. Immensely excited about seeing him and Gael Kakuta in the same team.

1 Like

Doncaster are only charging £10 for the cup game. Trains and hotel booked. I’m really looking forward to this.

3 Likes

Barca and Madrid drawn against each other in the Copa semis. Nice surprise treat. that. First leg next Wednesday or Thursday

1 Like

Marco van Ginkel aa well

I’ll also be seeing vallecano in March (in Barcelona). I’ve already seen gael kakuta play live though (we all remember his glittering loan spell at Fulham, of course)

Sociedad. Hoping to see them play Levante next month when we’re over there, alongside other footballing luminaries like Mike Merino and Sandro Ramirez.

(Serious point: going to the football in foreign countries is brilliant)

1 Like

I have a q for the football hive mind. I would like to see a goal where the ball comes down from a very high height. Like an extreme lob. It can be from any distance, but i would like to see it come down from at least 5 metres in the air, preferably more. Can anyone help?

1 Like