February Football Thread: Champions Elect

Ant coached solskjaer with his game, we can do anything if we put our minds to it

Dancing on the streets of Abidjan!

Tweeted the BBC about himself using the 3rd person. Very small time

7 Likes

Reading this artice about ole on the beeb website makes me like the lil guy even more, so nice to see one of ur childhood favs not turn out to be an utter asshole (giggs)

‘When he went home to Norway, he would always come back with chocolate bars to give to those staff members whose hard work at the club largely goes unseen.’

1 Like

Champions league is back tomorrow. Some proper dingers and a few of the dominant teams having minor domestic wobbles atm, should be a lot of fun

1 Like

you’ve got the wanderers of Wolverhampton versus the brown ales of the north first :neutral_face:

1 Like

Paul Scholes is managing Oldham

Lol, Scholesy is managing Oldham, the absolute legend! What’s he gonna do next? :smiley:

wonder if this will bring him joy :confused: :laughing:

1 Like

I’d imagine he’s going to speak to some people at the club about the attributes of his playing squad

1 Like

Maybe he’ll put one of those weird dummy walls out on the training pitch to help some of the Oldham players practice their free kicks

Manchester United 5 v 2 PSG

Got a feeling that we’re gonna smash them, obviously won’t be able to stop Mbappe getting a couple

1 Like

Aye, but you’d still expect Schalke to do the business.

Footballing oddity.

It was incredibly windy and because of this wind our goalkeeper scored directly from a free kick from about halfway inside our own half. However, after quite a long time (the opposition were almost ready to kick off) the ref remembered that the free kick was for offside and therefore that it was indirect, and disallowed the goal.

Has this happened in a professional game?
Did the ref correctly apply this rule?
Did you know this rule?

We lost the match and were knocked out of the league cup

1 Like

I would not. Unless the business is to be comfortably beaten by Manchester City over two legs, of course

I scored a goal like that once (but it stood as it was for a foul).
Perfect conditions of smashing it slightly uphill (like a perfect angle to drive it straight up) and with the wind. I was able to literally smash it as hard as I could.

Despite the luck it’s probably my greatest sporting moment still

2 Likes

I did know it was an indirect FK. I do not know of any examples of it happening though.

1 Like

Our keeper has an absolutely massive kick, even without the wind. It bounced between the penalty spot and the 6 yard box and somehow everyone missed it. Was worth it being ruled out given that he’d dropped to his knees and started a double fist pump celebration

2 Likes

Thanks

Mine was just inside their half but the best bit was their defensive line all jumped and missed it (agonisingly close for them) and it was a crossbar and in.

Peak of my life

1 Like