Festive Football Thread

Happy Christmas from Big Nev :heart_eyes:

21 Likes

I really fucking love Neville Southall, which is not something I thought I would ever do.

17 Likes

the way he says class on his threads is the most valleys thing ever

2 Likes
4 Likes

The festive period is absolutely the best thing about football. Outside of a WORLD CUP! it’s the closest we get to wall-to-wall soccer.

I’d make all of the teams play every day if I could.

5 Likes

Thread needs Zanka Claus. Thread gets Zanka Claus

6 Likes

You say that but there is NO FOOTBALL on Sunday (or Monday obvs)

My yearly trip to Carrow Rad tonight, sort of dreading the quality of football/toxic atmosphere but looking forward to seeing some ATD’s and Bae:

It is Brentford though

1 Like

!!!

1 Like

I have a signed photo of Big Nev! (good work @Slicky x)

My festive football itinerary is as follows:
Tomorrow: Millwall at home
Boxing Day: Hull away
Next Saturday: Ipswich away (yep, you heard…)
Two weeks today: Man Utd away (tickets subsidised by our chairman - top bloke)

1 Like

Who are currently above us! Apparently we have a better record against Brentford at home than any other current championship side though so here’s hoping

Have a feeling that Farke is on borrowed time…

I think he will get a whole season (he should) we’re not as stable as we were a year ago when we canned Neil but there is some story about a “player revolt” and one of his german lads is going home to Dresden already so… currently it feels like a failed experiment, sadly, but the nature of this league being as it is, we were in this position last year and still finished 8th(!) somehow

Have Norwich fans done a “Farke off” banner yet?

2 Likes

GUESSING this was meant or me but yes, but originally it was meant positively

Realised I probably just posted this in the wrong thread.

I am very pleased with this purchase.

8 Likes

Dunno. This was from badly drawn footballers.

End of year footy audit:

1. When was the last time you got to one of your clubs games?

2. How many did you get to in 2017?

3. How much would you guess it costs per time, including travel, food, beers, etc?

4. Which other clubs do you watch?

Bants aside, i’ve not been to a City first team game since Leicester dicked us in their title year. I don’t enjoy going and haven’t for years, mainly from a cost point of view. If i enjoy my day out it probably cost about £80 (ticket, programme, return tram, something to eat at half-time and 3-4 pints).

The second reason is i’m a notorious curse. In 15/16 City won their first five games, i went to the Juve game and they lost. I went to the next game (West Ham) and they lost, they then went on a good run for a cople of months as i stayed away, then i went to Liverpool at home and they got slaughtered. When they played Leicester i got a ticket so piled on Leicester. Lost. They played 28 home games that season and lost 6. I went to four of them and didn’t see us win or even draw in the flesh.

Have generally split myself between Maine Road, West Didsbury & Chorlton, Trafford, Altrincham, Salford City and Bury for the last four or five years with a few new grounds thrown in, but have barely bothered this season.